Discussion Forums  >  App Store Rejections

Replies: 4    Views: 257

KRima
Apple Fan
Reg: Jan 27, 2013
Sydney
05/30/13 06:15 PM (10 years ago)

App rejected for second time - Bug in binary

The first time my app was rejected was because it was too simple. There was a major improvement from the first version however this time they reckon the app didn't load on the iPad and gave an error. They sent me a screenshot of what they experienced and i get that same problem until i press the refresh button. What they pretty much saw was the screen you get when the app is installed on the device and it shows the home screen with blank fields and a refresh button on the top right corner. I also get this when i delete the app from my device and run Xcode again. Does anyone know why id does this and if so how can i get the app to come up without pressing the "refresh" button when first installed?

ianJamesPiano
Code is Art
Reg: Feb 13, 2011
Palm Springs, C...
05/30/13 06:26 PM (10 years ago)
Looks like you need to update the Config.txt file in your project. in the BT_config folder you will find the Config.txt file. Copy and paste the Json Data from your Control Panel over the Data in the Config.txt file. Let me know if you need help ian

KRima
Apple Fan
Reg: Jan 27, 2013
Sydney
05/30/13 07:11 PM (10 years ago)
Just to confirm. Applications>click my app>configuration data>live mode data - copy all the data here and paste (replace the data) it in my Xcode project in the Config.txt file Its strange though because they did'nt mention anything regarding the iPhone just the iPad. I thought both use the same json data?

MadRod
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 12, 2012
Lisbon
05/31/13 11:59 AM (10 years ago)
They do, probably didn't even get to test it on iphone.

yanatha
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 26, 2011
Philadelphia, P...
06/06/13 12:11 PM (10 years ago)
@ian it worked for me, I had to test it using ad hoc, which is the way Apple suggested to go after receiving this rejection letter. We found that your app exhibited one or more bugs, when reviewed on iPad running iOS 6.1.3 and iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1.4, on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines. When the app is launched no content is displayed in the main menu. Tapping any of the menu items produces no action. We've added one or more screenshots for your reference. For discrete code-level questions, you may wish to consult with Apple Developer Technical Support. Please be sure to: - include the complete details of your rejection issues - prepare any symbolicated crash logs, screenshots, and steps to reproduce the issues for when the DTS engineer follows up. For information on how to symbolicate and read a crash log, please see Tech Note TN2151 Understanding and Analyzing iPhone OS Application Crash Reports. If you have difficulty reproducing this issue, please try testing the workflow as described in <https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/qa/qa1764/>Testing Workflow with Xcode's Archive feature".

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.