Discussion Forums  >  iOS / Android Beta Testers

Replies: 8    Views: 284

RogueWave
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 23, 2013
Park City
10/11/13 11:42 AM (10 years ago)

AdHoc Distribution

Final Distribution, Xcode 5. BT_v2.1.9 Have created an AdHoc Distribution Provisioning Profile and signed it with my Team Distribution Certificate and now I'm ready to archive for Adhoc Distribution via Xcode. I have added all the devices to the profile and people are ready to upload the app to their devices. I have never done this before and the available videos are vague or outdated. Anyone proficient at this or can anyone offer an easy step-by-step guide? Thank you

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
10/11/13 02:36 PM (10 years ago)
You might take a look at the 'Over the Air Distribution' tutorial; it covers 'some' of those areas, and may fill in some gaps... https://www.buzztouch.com/files/howtos/BTOTA.pdf Tested with 2.1.8, not 2.1.9; hope there is no major differences... Feel free to ask any detailed questions, though. Cheers! -- Smug

RogueWave
Aspiring developer
Park City
10/11/13 04:09 PM (10 years ago)
Thank you, Smug, I sent you a PM with questions.

RogueWave
Aspiring developer
Park City
10/11/13 04:27 PM (10 years ago)
https://www.buzztouch.com/files/howtos/BTOTA.pdf this is for Android, looking for one for IOS.

RogueWave
Aspiring developer
Park City
10/11/13 04:58 PM (10 years ago)
Ok, Smug, I'm a little more focused, where do I find the /bt_v15/bt_app/bt_overTheAir.php file? Can you give me a blow by blow navigation to this file, please? Does the app have to be in "design" version or is it ok to be in "live" in Xcode to do this? I was wrong about the Android comment above, I saw the word "Android" in the pdf image and my brain said, so...what is this talking about?

RogueWave
Aspiring developer
Park City
10/12/13 11:50 AM (10 years ago)
Great! Now that the App is OTA capable and up and running, thanks to Smug's brilliant assistance, I have a wonder question. I wonder how easy it will be to add other UDIDs to the existing AdHoc Provisioning Profile as more users "straggle in"? In the Apple Provisioning Profile portal, the edit function for the device area allows me to add more devices and when I go to the Distribution Provisioning Profile adhoc that I created, I see the new UDID is indeed, there....however, it asks me to "Generate" another profile. If I do, does that mean I have to resign it and archive another build all over again? Or, do I simply generate the same adhoc provisioning profile with the added users and call it good? I hope I can add more users and I don't have to change anything in Xcode.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
10/13/13 01:32 AM (10 years ago)
I don't think you're going to like the answer, lol! I just added a new device to my 'brood'. I had to register it at Apple, and create a new provisioning certificate that included that device along with all the others. Then I deleted my old provisioning certificate, refreshed them, removed the old code sign and placed 'none' in the app. built it. reselected the code sign, regenerated an archive, and prepared it again, just like all the other times... If possible, add all the devices you can at once, to keep from having to piecemeal your developer accounts and certificates. But sometimes you don't have that option. Bill for your time ;) Cheers! -- Smug

RogueWave
Aspiring developer
Park City
10/13/13 11:33 AM (10 years ago)
Yeah, I was leery of this...ok, well thanks again, Smug. I wonder if I have to reconfig my OTA to the new build?

RogueWave
Aspiring developer
Park City
10/13/13 03:53 PM (10 years ago)
Notice for Adhoc app distribution folks. If you try to enter any UDIDs that begin with upper case FFFFFFFF, they are not yet "valid" UDIDs in the eyes of Apple. IOS7 has disabled and removed access to the "valid" UDIDs until they cave to pressure from folks who distribute private apps to clients. Evidently, the powers that be are debating whether they want to approve this process going forward. I have not yet found a "workaround" other than teaching my clients how to jailbreak their Apple devices. NOT! Anyway, I will be on the horn with Apple Development ASAP tomorrow. Stand by for more info.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.