Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 3    Views: 321

Racer X
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
11/28/11 06:23 PM (12 years ago)

Uh Oh, should I pull my app while in waiting for review?

I was having all kinds of trouble related to Application Loader not accepting my app due to Armv6 issues. I looked at many different blogs and ones here on the forum and tried them all with no luck, including the one below. So while testing different settings to see what would work I set the IOS Deployment Target to IOS 5.0 instead of an earlier version....and it worked. I got 19 deprecation errors but Application Loader accepted it with the new target setting. The app is in waiting for review status. My questions: If approved will users with older IOS versions prior to 5.0 be able to download the app iand then have crash issues? Or will the app store prevent them from downloading newer IOS version apps? Should I pull the app from iTunes Connect and correct it? What is the capital of Bangladesh? - extra points :) What I had tried among many others with no luck: http://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=717EDD26093228FF845A3CC&status=&searchInput=armv6&sortColumn=FT.dateStampUTC&sortUpDown=DESC¤tPage=1&doViews=1

MGoBlue
Apple Fan
Reg: Jun 07, 2011
Gold River, CA
11/28/11 07:02 PM (12 years ago)
Hey Racer X, Not sure about the compatibility issue with prior versions of iOS. I've uploaded a picture here (http://www.jc-evans.com/uploads/screenshot.jpg) of how to set the Armv. Take a look at it and make sure your settings match. If you double-click on Architectures you can set it to Standard (armv6, armv7) Similarly, double click on Supported Platforms to bring up the box. Click the plus and add arm6. That should be all you need to do. And the capital is Dhaka. Cheers!

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
11/28/11 10:19 PM (12 years ago)
If you have your app set to iOS 5, only people running that will be able to install or update. So, if a iOS 4.2 person is running the app, they will not be able to update, as the new version only supports iOS 5. Personally, I'd pull it, fix it, and then upload again. Otherwise, you'll have some unhappy customers! Mark

Racer X
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
11/29/11 03:34 AM (12 years ago)
Thanks Guys, I pulled it and will try to get the settings right. Iam still having trouble but I'll get it right eventually. Last thing I want is unhappy customers.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.