Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 5    Views: 166

Fred@mySkylla com
Android Fan
Reg: Oct 03, 2011
location unknow...
08/20/12 01:34 PM (11 years ago)

My Cool Plugin & Plugin How-To Create (Coming soon to a Control Panel near you)

"My Cool Plugin" for BTv2.0 (Current status: uploaded for approval) Edited Aug 31st, 2012 This will be possibly the simplest yet one of the most powerful plugin that will be made. In BTv1.5 (iOS) there's a little known screen called " Custom Plug-in ". The BTv1.5 documentationsIstates, it "Launches a custom UIViewController (iOS) or Intent (Android) using the class name provided." Basically that means that you can add custom files to your BTv1.5 apps and the Config file will contain the appropriate JSON data. (Unfortunately the BTv1.5 Android part doesn't work.) This screen is currently not available in BTv2.0 which means you can't use third party plugins on your Buzztouch.com app without editing the Config file. The upcoming Plugin Store will bring many new plugins but you still won't be able to use third party plugins that haven't been approved by Buzztouch. If you're seeking to use a third party plugin you probably should encourage them (3rd party) to upload it to the upcoming Buzztouch Plugin Store. If they're unwilling or unable to you could modify the plugin and submit it on your own to the upcoming "Plugin Store". Plugins you submit must be approved by Buzztouch and you'll be able to make them private or public. If you wish to use a plugin and you don't wish to (due to many reasons including time &/or complexity) or can't submit the plugin to Buzztouch.com you will be able to use a plugin which I've created and will submit called My Cool Plugin. My plugin called My Cool Plugin will allow you to use 3rd Party Plugins in your source code without getting Buzztouch's approval. This will be possible because the plugin files you download will have been "approved" but they won't do anything. You'll replace the .h & .m files (iOS) and/or the .java & .xml files (Android) with your own files in the source code. Your "new" files will not be on Buzztouch.com, hence don't/won't need approval. Currently this plugin allows two JSON entries. (I will change this to ten.) Next will be adding a child items option. JSON Data for this Plugin { "itemId":"01052A3154C554A21499F53", "itemType":"My_cool_plugin", "itemNickname":"My Cool Plugin", "myCoolProperty":"hello JSON", "myCoolProperty2":"hello again", "navBarTitleText":"My Cool Plugin" } *** Wondering how to do this download my plugin and take a look. *** You can currently use third party plugins in Buzztouch.com apps by adding the plugin files to your source code, but without editing the Config file you can't hook the files to the app. This creates the problem for the app developer that henceforth you'll have to edit the Config file every time you wish to update the app (even a very minor change). Result: Say good bye to easily using the control panel. Solution: My Cool Plugin, allows you to use your own custom files (or third party files) without having to create a new plugin and obtain Buzztouch's approval. Self Hosted users can use this plugin to test new custom files without having to create a new plugin. Simply wish to learn how to create a plugin? Download the plugin and take a look at the modifications I've made to the plugin. You can also copy some of the modifications and paste into your new plugin. You can accomplish same function as this plugin by creating your own "My Cool Plugin #?" (Requires Buzztouch's approval) or using the "Blank Screen Plugin". Using the Blank Screen plugin will hook your files to the Config file but it can be used only once per app and it doesn't allow additional JSON data entry. For additional info regarding plugins and my plugin tutorial go to www.MySkylla.com and click on the Buzztouch Screens & Plugins tab. ********************* STEPS TO CREATE THIS PLUGIN (For online version with tools, go to www.MySkylla.com) 1. Create plugin using Buzztouch Plugin Creator Tool *Go to your Account in Buzztouch.com *Click on "Plugins" *Click on "Create Custom Plugin" *Enter plugin name (maximum 22 characters ?) (Names must begin with a letter and contain letters and numbers only) *Read & agree to Buzztouch Developer TOS *Indicate that you have read the Creating, Sharing & Selling buzztouch Plugins PDF *Click on "Create" button 2. Download Self Hosted Version - (Do this even if you're not self-hosted) *Save file *Extract the zipped file *You'll work on the unzipped file 3. Replace icon.png - (Don't rename the file) 4. Edit the readme.txt file - (Take a look at the readme.txt file of similar plugins) 5. Edit the config.txt file - (Once published take a look at other 3rd party plugin config.txt files. ) 6. Edit the index.php file - (No knowledge of PHP required, use any text editor.) * Line 321 - Add plugin description * Line 374 - Add additional JSON Values 7. Zip up the package 8. Upload to your self hosted Control Panel 9. Use plugin in app. 10. Download the Source Code This is when you'll add custom files to differentiate the plugin Make changes in source-android package (.java & .xml files), and source-ios package (.h & .m files). 11. Export the binary (.apk or .ipa) 12. Take Screen Shots (396 x 744) 13. Replace Screenshots in the plugin 14. Re-Zip 15. Go to your account in Buzztouch.com, click on Plugins and then click on the plugin you created. * Click "Manage/Update" plugin, and then the link to upload the plugin. * Upload plugin to Buzztouch.com 16. Wait for approval or rejection Fred

Mr stuck
Android Fan
Reg: Apr 09, 2012
Fife, Scotland
08/20/12 02:38 PM (11 years ago)
sounds ace Fred. sure this will become one of the most used plugins on the market and I for one shall be camping out overnight to be the first in line to purchase it. huge possibilities with this. how much will it be?

Fred@mySkylla com
Android Fan
Reg: Oct 03, 2011
location unknow...
08/20/12 02:43 PM (11 years ago)
Given how simple this one was, I think free will be the price. I look at it more as a core plugin that everyone should have. No worry there'll be other paid apps. Fred

Mr stuck
Android Fan
Reg: Apr 09, 2012
Fife, Scotland
08/20/12 03:21 PM (11 years ago)
Free!! sounds better all the time Fred. This will save us having to upload plugins on buzztouch. looking forward to being able to use this. perhaps you could set up a donation type thing if your making it free. I for one would be happy to buy you a beer.

0z2000tv
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 10, 2011
Nashville
08/20/12 05:18 PM (11 years ago)
Excellent Fred. Mike

Ledbelly2142
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 04, 2012
Reno
08/20/12 06:49 PM (11 years ago)
Wow, sign me up. -Led

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.