mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
05/29/15 09:01 PM (8 years ago)

URI is not registered error in Studio

Hi All! Sam here. I'm at a loss. I'm trying to get an app up and running in Studio but it's giving me a bunch of crazy errors. Pretty sure the first one is the reason for all the others. The error that shows up is in the Manifest. One of the first lines of code is: <manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" This line is returning an error that reads "URI is not registered (Settings | Project Settings | Schemas and DTDs)" I'd love to go to the settings and see what it's talking about but I can't find them. Something tells me it wouldn't help anyway. Also, the only thing I found on Google is this one post that's been copied and pasted throughout the Internet that's totally unhelpful. Something about the layout folder. But I haven't touched it. The errors are happening right when I import the project. The rest of the errors are either, "so and so is not allowed here" or "no resource found that matches...". I'm drawing a blank and I'm tired of staring blankly at my screen haha. Any input is appreciated, thanks ^^ ~Cheers~

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
05/29/15 10:38 PM (8 years ago)
Android?! Seriously, you are now doing Android? Hell has frozen! :-) Have you consulted Marky Mark's videos?

mysps
Code is Art
Reg: May 14, 2011
Palma
05/30/15 12:19 AM (8 years ago)
Do you need to add a plugin permission or plugin activity to the androidmanifest.xml ? Depending on which plugins you have installed. Perhaps is giving you a problem?

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
05/30/15 08:09 AM (8 years ago)
Sounds like your Android SDK isn't being loaded properly. Doue check your SDK path in preferences then make sure your Gradle files are loaded correctly.

mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
05/31/15 03:29 PM (8 years ago)
So I looked into everything that was suggested and didn't get far (lol) so I finally got fed up and just re-downloaded the project from the Control Panel and imported it to Studio again. For some reason it worked this time even though I had already tried re-importing. Go figure ^^ Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! Loves from Sam.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.