Discussion Forums  >  Suggestions, Ideas, Wish List

Replies: 5    Views: 166

Becky
I hate code!
Reg: Aug 08, 2012
NYC
11/18/14 09:23 PM (9 years ago)

In App Purchases - Is it Worth it?

I'm considering using In App Purchases in my apps and I have a few questions for anyone that has used these in their apps (or anyone that just wants to share their two cents.) Basically trying to find out if it's worth it. How much has it increased your sales? Percentage-wise? Is it easy to implement into your apps? Not only the plug-in but through the Dev Center/Itunes Connect? Is there any issues that you have run into with In App Purchases?

nadthevlad
Code is Art
Reg: Jun 07, 2012
Denver
11/19/14 03:32 AM (9 years ago)
I am biased but if your one of your goals is monetization, then yes, it is worth it. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvGc5lFPOq4bCUGs0T-RreZT8Kmh4cNUK

Bonzo
Apple Fan
Reg: Jan 30, 2012
Basingstoke
11/19/14 08:59 AM (9 years ago)
This is where the money is! You will make alot using InApp purchases and having your app in the store for Free, than putting a price on it. Dont get me starting on advertising because you will make nothing there (or atleast i dont!) :) Go for it!

Becky
I hate code!
NYC
11/19/14 10:14 AM (9 years ago)
Hmmm....Ok, now this has me thinking. I do price my apps at $1.99 and was thinking to keep them at that price and add bonus content for a price. Looks like I may have to deal with trial and error with this one.

Bonzo
Apple Fan
Reg: Jan 30, 2012
Basingstoke
11/19/14 10:29 AM (9 years ago)
In my opinion, a free app gets you 1,2,300+ more downloads a day than if you charged $.99c As long as the free parts of your app are interesting and draw in your audience then you will easily sell 10,20+ inApps per day. You do the maths and you'll see it's the best way to go! And with 2 great InApp plugins in the market, they make it so easy for you to make money! All of this is my personal opinion :)

Becky
I hate code!
NYC
11/19/14 12:11 PM (9 years ago)
Nadthevlad - I just watched the videos. Thank you so much for the content. The idea of setting up anything with Apple reminds me of the nightmare of setting up a Dev Account (and provisioning profiles, etc) - no fun! Thank you for simplifying everything and putting all the info out there. You have another customer.. :) Bonzo - I think you've sold me on trying out free apps with IAP's. I swore I would never set my apps for free after testing out the whole advertising thing, which netted me measly pennies a day. Thanks for all your info!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.