Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 4    Views: 154

Gags10
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 09, 2012
Charlotte
02/09/12 03:21 PM (12 years ago)

Quiz type app- Help needed

I would like to set up a quiz type app that allows you to answer several questions to come to a solution of sorts. Say for example, where to eat out tonight or what type of beverage to drink tonight? I was thinking of having 4 or 5 different available answers for the user and obviously having different outcomes for different combinations of answers. Feedback and any help on achieving this goal would be greatly appreciated. Paul

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
02/09/12 07:03 PM (12 years ago)
Hi and welcome to Buzztouch. This is the best place on de interwebs for seasoned devs and aspiring developers taking their first steps in App creation / publication. I'm still taking my first steps but they get steadier by the day! If I were you I'd jump into your control panel and get on the the early adopters list for v1.5. Chalk and cheese type thing between 1.4 and 1.5. Once you have done that fire up a simple app and look at the quiz screen options. Can you code? If not no matter, all the native features on here can make you look like a pro. The quiz pages are a question, 4 options then answer setup but with some tweaking, some coding, some coffee and some curses you could hack it into what you want to do. Another option is to use an html page within the app with checkboxes, drop downs etc that depending on answers provide a link or suggestion. HTML, Javascript, php et al are all easily integrated in BT. Using some neat little 'if-elseif' statements will get you were you need to go. You'll need to do some server side scripting to cope with the 'if-elseif'' part but the web is awash with php samples. If user says they like ladies and cocktails then show Bills Bar and Grill else show Bob's Crab shack. Nested if statements the web is built on them, well it used to be back when I was big! To answer one of your quiz questions in advance, Laphroaig. Once you enjoy that you'll be a graduate of single malts and once you play around with the quiz options in 1.5 you'll be graduating from BT High, Class of 2012 in no time. Have fun and hope some of this helps.

Gags10
Aspiring developer
Charlotte
02/10/12 11:45 AM (12 years ago)
Thanks for the help! I may have more questions later but I'll see how it goes from here!

Gags10
Aspiring developer
Charlotte
02/10/12 12:10 PM (12 years ago)
p.s I'm not a fan of your selection I'm more of a Jameson guy myself being Irish and all

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
02/10/12 12:31 PM (12 years ago)
I hear you!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.