Discussion Forums  >  Grunts, Groans, Complaints

Replies: 2    Views: 232

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
02/07/14 08:18 AM (10 years ago)

The Linux Foundation's annual(ish) report

Ah, Open source. Who patches it, who codes it, can it make me a nice latte? "Nowadays, Torvalds has delegated signoffs to subsystem maintainers — most of which are highly paid employees at Red Hat, Intel, Google, and so on." www.extremetech.com/computing/175919-who-actually-develops-linux-the-answer-might-surprise-you Worth a wee read since, well, because I say so. Back to work and putting out fires.

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
02/07/14 06:28 PM (10 years ago)
Not one of you Open Source lovers wanted to read or comment on this? With all the Open Source, editing, reworking, crediting and just general love on here? Heathens. Sheesh. Jesus wept. I for one loved the article, made me think of Buzztouch at every turn, for obvious reasons of course. Ps This may well be the first time I have replied to myself on here. Off to call in a shrink.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
02/07/14 09:48 PM (10 years ago)
Eye-opening in that Google is at the bottom of the contributors! Another eye-opener in the embedded systems being smack-dab in the middle. Great find, Good insight,. Barkeep -- another dram for the Gent on the right !

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.