Discussion Forums  >  App Store Rejections

Replies: 3    Views: 188

aussiedra
Code is Art
Reg: Dec 25, 2010
Brisbane, Austr...
10/02/12 04:48 AM (11 years ago)

2.25 new apple guideline against services like leadbolt

2.25 Apps that display Apps other than your own for purchase or promotion in a manner similar to or confusing with the App Store will be rejected.

Stobe
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Mar 04, 2011
Fredericksburg,...
10/02/12 04:55 AM (11 years ago)
This is something I have real heartburn with... (start rant)... First of all, there's no way to sell an app (ours or not) unless it gets processed through Apple's own app store (which they get 30% of). So how can it be "confusing with the App Store", when the end user HAS TO go through the app store?? Second, Apple gives us the tools to promote other apps with their affiliate system. They even give us nice widgets to use and link builders. I had someone report to me that they were rejected for this reason, when they were using this very system. Third, how can anything be "confusing with the App Store" when Apple took a big, steaming, dump on their own app store when they released iOS6. The new app store is so horrid looking that I wouldn't want anything in my app to be "confused" with that dung heap. (breathe.....breathe....) Ok, rant over.

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
10/02/12 05:31 AM (11 years ago)
I hear you Stobe, it does seem like they forget it is devs that keep the app store fresh and exciting. The new rules don't make sense. That said..... I am one of the few that has never clicked an ad whether it be on laptop or on iPhone. Nor will I ever implement ads into any of my iPhone apps. I see ads in all the news apps that I use every day and I couldn't tell you what any of them have offered. I even ditched Facebook because I was getting sick of MZ telling me what I could or should like. I'm a funny old egg though.

Kittsy
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 22, 2012
Liverpool
10/02/12 05:49 AM (11 years ago)
well hopefully revmob will not fall under this as a full page ad doesn't look like the app store

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.