Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 4    Views: 153

minisergium
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 26, 2012
Madrid
02/09/12 02:51 AM (12 years ago)

Buttons with no function

Hi, I'm preparing a button menu screen with lots of buttons to make use only of some of them in different positions in the grid. Is it possible to program the rest of the buttons to do nothing when pressed, not to load any screen? Thanks

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
02/09/12 05:39 AM (12 years ago)
Not sure what you are asking here, you want to have buttons that serve no purpose other than to make up a grid? If I get what you mean you could say have 9 buttons, 3x3, you only want 5 of them to do something but you want to preserve the grid layout. You could then make the non-functioning buttons the same colour as your background screen so they are not actually visible. Other option would be to use a html screen and use image maps. Have a look here if so: http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_map.asp

minisergium
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 26, 2012
Madrid
02/09/12 06:27 AM (12 years ago)
Thanks for your answer. My idea is exactly that, to have transparent buttons and use only some of them above a background image. What I tried to mean with my question is that when I add the buttons to the button menu, I am forced to relate them to another screen in Load Screen With Nickname, even the ones I don't want to use. The better solution I've found is to link to the same screen, but there's always a transition effect...

Fred@mySkylla com
Android Fan
Reg: Oct 03, 2011
location unknow...
02/09/12 09:01 AM (12 years ago)
This has been discussed previously. Search the appropriate word to find the post. I think ''retangular button'' was used. MySkylla's Guide To Buzztouch™ should help you. http://www.MySkylla.wordpress.com New: Search Forum engine Hint: use it to find solutions in 0.17 seconds. New: Buzztouch™ & Blackberry Next up: ''Windows Phone 7'' & HTML5 New: MySkylla Mobile Buzz Live Chat Read it. It'll answer your question(s), plus a few you haven't asked. Sample #1 ''Buzztouch Method'' how-to do HTML images. Sample #2 ''RSS Feed'' tell you how to do a RSS Feed in your app. and more. Fred

Fred@mySkylla com
Android Fan
Reg: Oct 03, 2011
location unknow...
02/09/12 09:06 AM (12 years ago)
You should also taken a looks at my apps you can download from the blog. In the Help and resources under response you'll find something interesting. Hint clickable on the mocked up button. Fred

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.