Discussion Forums  >  App Store Rejections

Replies: 9    Views: 215

Outbreak
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 30, 2011
Colorado
02/14/13 06:02 PM (11 years ago)

iOS app rejected

I got rejected on an iOS app. They said it was too simple. It has a bunch of PDF's. Am I better off to file appeal or resubmit? Thanks. -Shane

KozmoWeb
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 08, 2012
Sarasota, FL
02/14/13 06:13 PM (11 years ago)
The key is interactivity. Without knowing exactly what the app content is, here's some tips: How do you navigate to view the PDFs? A simple menu? That could be done with a web link. Make it interactive with something like Kittsy's Carousel menu to swipe to the PDFs. Add the Notepad plugin so people can make notes in your app about the PDFs. Can people contact you/you client in the app? Add the plugins that allow you to contact via Text and Call. Are maps related in any way? Add them with a location plug in. Does this mean you remake the app? Depends on what you need to change or add. I hope this helps. -William

Outbreak
buzztouch Evangelist
Colorado
02/14/13 06:24 PM (11 years ago)
The problem is that the same app is already in the google store. If I add apple specific plugins it will screw that app. It has pdf's, url links, html, contact us via text and email.

ceerup
Code is Art
Reg: Oct 10, 2011
New York City
02/14/13 06:53 PM (11 years ago)
It is recommended to make 2 seperate apps for Android and Apple for reasons like this. Apple is more strict.

Outbreak
buzztouch Evangelist
Colorado
02/14/13 06:56 PM (11 years ago)
Yeah, I kinda figured that out now. I guess I could rebuild the entire thin for apple. It did great on android and people liked its simplicity.

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
02/14/13 08:33 PM (11 years ago)
Apple said no. See this too often sadly. Innovate buddy, BT gives us the base to be cool, be cool! Google don't say no, is it a different mind set with users, not really. Google were playing catch up and decided on a non vetting process, Apple want to see cool, want to see apps interacting and engaging the users, they want to see something that cannot be replicated with a mobile website. I know it stings, you build, submit then wait and the feckers tell you no. Don't take it as rejection, take it as a boost, do something cool, use shake, use interactive maps, use the hardware, the iPhone is one of the most powerful tools you can fit in your pocket, PDFs and HTML will not cut it with Apple. BT provides a building block to be smart and sweet, Apps are not just about static content, engage the user, make them smile, do something different. Read what @Kozmoweb says then read again. You'll be OK buddy, you'll get there, I wouldn't submit again and appeal, I would adopt, adapt and improve then re-read @KozmoWeb comments. We are all here to help, all hate rejections but all here to make sweet apps.

Outbreak
buzztouch Evangelist
Colorado
02/14/13 08:35 PM (11 years ago)
I added notepad....trying again. Thanks for your help.

LA
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 16, 2012
Jerseyville, IL
02/15/13 07:11 AM (11 years ago)
Hello everyone, Why is Apple so difficult and Android is not? Anyone have any insight on this? LA

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
02/15/13 07:45 AM (11 years ago)
It isn't a question of being difficult and easy, it is about vetting and quality control. Apple are to a certain extent protecting their brand by having a review process, the old line about no weeds in a walled garden. You seldom hear of rogue apps in the App Store but often hear tales of malware and rogue copy cat apps in play. I for one like the review process, means more when someone approves and makes us innovate and learn. Google got into the game late and decided to allow anything in to enable their market to grow quickly. If it was easy everyone would be doing it, you know? Got an email from Apple last week saying my app had been approved, beaming ear to ear, every time. This one was for a realtor on both platforms, Play take right away of course but Apple want something different, not just listings. Made me look at other options, shake to discover and so on and not just make a plain Jane listings app with flat boring content. Am I saying the Apple way is perfect? Far from it, but I'd much rather shop in a store where some quality control had been done as opposed to a store that offers many a pig in a poke. Off for coffee, happy Friday!

Outbreak
buzztouch Evangelist
Colorado
03/12/13 05:46 PM (11 years ago)
I beginning to hate apple more and more. Rejected for forth time along with an appeal. It has buzztouch carousel, notepad, pdf's, url links, html, contact us via text and email, rate our app. I even paid for icons on this one. It's frustrating because iTunes is forcing the apps to be what they want instead of the intended audience. It is just making me add a bunch of bells and whistles that are irrelevant for the app. It will pull away from its functionality. It had 15,000 downloads in a more basic version on Android. 5 star rating. The only reason I went to apple is because this app was requested on its platform. Maybe I can add an "I love apple" page within it. -Shane

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.