Discussion Forums  >  Maps, Device Location, Tracking

Replies: 9    Views: 195

Qlabs Ron
I hate code!
Reg: Nov 19, 2013
London
11/29/13 07:06 PM (10 years ago)

I have never seen a more confusing situation.

So, where do we add the mapping info to V3 ? I would like to pay for a membership but I see allot of old content. This site may need a refurb.

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
11/29/13 07:23 PM (10 years ago)
Hey buddy, pleased to meet you and all that good stuff. We're going through some changes right now but that hasn't stopped 100's of folk making a living off here. What issues are you having? Stick with us, we'll get you there.

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
11/30/13 01:17 AM (10 years ago)
@Qlabs Ron: Like @MacApple mentioned..welcome aboard. Yup, lots and lots of content on Buzztouch is "old" and could be updated. We don't make it a habit to clear out or remove old content. Sometimes this content feels stale, sometimes it's important to keep it. We generally keep it. But, like you mention, there are always new things to create, new content to manufacture and new approaches we embrace. We can't always do it as fast as everyone wants but rest assued we try. Hard. We do have some major content updates coming soon but surely that too will get "stale" at some point. It's a never ending battle! LOL. Do you thing, stick around a bit and we think you'll find our community, software, and genuinely helpful approach refreshing. If not, we get it and appreciate your browsing none-the-less. d.

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
11/30/13 07:11 AM (10 years ago)
What do you mean by 'mapping info'? If you mean adding a map to your app, there's a plugin for that. If something else, please give some details so we can get you setup.

Qlabs Ron
I hate code!
London
11/30/13 12:53 PM (10 years ago)
I built a map with the BuzzU guide. Got it to load in ADT, found very vague instructions which leads me to my unfortunate rant below. I am using Android I added some code to the manifest and am taking a break. RANT Sorry, but I need to relay my thoguhts. Ok granted I understand your points, but even the old instructions often lead to a Google page that is a mass mess, and elaborate on many topics on one page. Would it not be more effective to just add the paragraph to explain things like, "download google services here, import it, add it via properties" instead your sent to a hellish place to fend for your self, needlessly. Seriously, I am saying this to hopefully be taken as constructive critism. How to's drastically reduce support requests if done properly. If we are working within a Version based problem, make it a forum rule to add version #s in the title, add that in code maybe. Ask people to remove reference to google pages and just type the stuff out.

Qlabs Ron
I hate code!
London
11/30/13 02:45 PM (10 years ago)
Ok I went into the how-to's folloed gonorthwests and the other fellow. Still no maps. V3 code android. Can't even say where it is confusing as each step is so segmented from another.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
12/01/13 10:24 AM (10 years ago)
Love your avatar -- nice! How did you make it? If you have some energy leftover, please take notes as you have the little successes on each step. Then assemble that into a new how-to document for us who will follow in your footsteps. Seeing things from a new person's eyes is extremely valuable. Please help us while you are still a babe in these here woods. By the way, since you are in London, take a look at Thomas Boyd's meetups that he holds in Oxford. Thank you, -- Niraj

Qlabs Ron
I hate code!
London
12/02/13 10:19 AM (10 years ago)
Niraj I followed the BuzzU classes, I don't understand how I could have gone wrong. I am running windows 8, used both eclipse and the ADT environment and I get nothing but problems.

Qlabs Ron
I hate code!
London
12/02/13 10:24 AM (10 years ago)
[2013-12-02 12:22:20 - Dex Loader] Unable to execute dex: java.nio.BufferOverflowException. Check the Eclipse log for stack trace. [2013-12-02 12:22:20 - locallore] Conversion to Dalvik format failed: Unable to execute dex: java.nio.BufferOverflowException. Check the Eclipse log for stack trace.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
12/02/13 08:30 PM (10 years ago)
Suggest posting your problem as a new post with an apt title. I fear this one got buried. Prefix with Android, for which I have no clue.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.