teamcaz
I hate code!
Reg: Jun 12, 2011
carlsbad
04/18/14 06:09 AM (10 years ago)

Donations in apps?

Good morning, how hard is it to incorporate Donations into an app? I know that Apple might have an issue with it. I am making an app that is all about donations... any ideas or suggestions before I get to deep into it? Thank You!

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
04/18/14 06:57 AM (10 years ago)
Hi. At work so shortish reply. I found a few articles around the web chatting about this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10744252/ios-how-can-i-handle-donations http://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/nonprofit-mobile-fundraising-ht Hope some of that helps. Happy Friday!

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
04/18/14 07:43 AM (10 years ago)
Apple will liky reject for donations. The only way to do it according to their standards is to have a prompt to open a web page in mobile safari, so that donations are not collected inside the app and there's no appearance of doing so. Stupid, I know. But that's the way it is. Apparently the reviewer in charge of Mobile Safari didn't abide by the rule!

teamcaz
I hate code!
Reg: Jun 12, 2011
carlsbad
04/18/14 07:56 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks for the input... I really appreciate it. So having a prompt that opens it up in mobile Safari, I know it sounds dumb but can you elaborate?

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
04/18/14 08:50 AM (10 years ago)
Sure - there's a couple ways to do this. One is to have a button on a screen that, when pressed, automatically loads Mobile Safari with the URL you need. Another is to have an alert/pop-up that asks the user if they want to exit the app and open Safari. For the pop-up, investigate the use of UIAlertView. Here's a tip: All plugins are setup to handle alert view's already. There's a simple line of code that will display the prompt: [self showAlert:@"a title" theMessage:@"some message" alertTag:0]; This will display a pop-up with a single button, "OK". To do some action when the OK button is clicked, just add this method in your code: -(void)alertView:(UIAlertView *)alertView clickedButtonAtIndex:(NSInteger)buttonIndex { //perform some action here }

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.