Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 2    Views: 152

Bonzo
Apple Fan
Reg: Jan 30, 2012
Basingstoke
02/10/12 02:24 PM (12 years ago)

Looking for advice

I've to a poker app up and ready to submit. It's or a local poker league showing league table and a few othe bits and bobs. And I've even thrown in a quiz... Anyway, the point or my post is...... I want to do a poker timer. Basically a 10 minute countdown and when the time is up, the ante raises and the clock resets and starts over. I would hard code the ante and the 10 minutes so it doesn't need to be configurable (although I would b better) Anyone suggest the best way about doing it? I've searched google and YouTube for tutorials but found nothing. I'm searching 'Xcode poker timer'. Is there any other terms I should be referring it as? Appreciate any guidance.. Thanks

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
02/10/12 02:28 PM (12 years ago)
This sounds perfect for Javascript : http://kjeldahl.net/d7/node/25 That's probably too much, but a good place to start. Do a search on 'javascript poker timer' or 'javascript countdown timer' and you may find what you're looking for. Mark

Marko
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 04, 2011
UK, Alcester
02/10/12 02:58 PM (12 years ago)
Mark I am taking your advice on learning Javascript and HTML - I look at what I have learned in Objective C so far and with Buzztouch I can do better in 5 mins

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.