Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 6    Views: 1507

OnSale
Android Fan
Reg: Jun 19, 2011
Yardley, Pa
06/21/11 02:56 AM (12 years ago)

[Android] Having Trouble compiling my app in Eclipse. Getting error : Unable To Read AndroidManifest.xml ......

Hey guys. Love the site, love the app-builder etc. Im an early adopter to 1.5 but did not know I can not compile android code in 1.5 yet :(. ------- !! I AM COMPILING ANDROID NOT! IPHONE/IOS SOURCE CODE !! ------- So I am using 1.4. I uploaded my App's Icon, App's Image and changed the App's info screen. All I added to the menu's/screens was one screen, a RSS Reader. I plan to add more but wanted to just get the app going and see it on my device or even an emulater and so I can download the source code, compile my app and load it into Eclipse. Here are the steps I followed, step-by-step so you can see EXACTLY what I did, and the error I got, in hopes that someone had the same problem/error and has a fix or someone can help me. Im dying to get this app going and get it on the Android Marketplace. Step #1: BuzzTouch Application Control Panel > Download the source-code for this app. Step #2: Downloaded Android Source Code For App > Unzipped Contents of File to new folder. Step #3: Launched Eclipse. Step #4: File > New > Android Project Step #5: Entered Project Name Step #6: Chose Create Project From Existing Source Step #7: Browse > Locate > Source-Code Folder for app ( I think this is where my problem lies. Once I select the folder that I put the source code files in (the zip file I downloaded from buzztech) The error appears in the consolde before I even click next or finish buttons. I dont know what to do, I am locating and pointing to the correct folder for the source-code files I even tried to make another folder, unzip again into there and it still wouldnt work. Before you read the error I keep getting. Let me show you the path's to both the source code folder, and SDK. Source Code Folder Path: C:\Users\John\Mobile App Android SDK Folder Path: C:\Android HERE IS THE ERROR I KEEP GETTING: _____________________________________________________________________________________________________ [2011-06-21 05:30:55 - com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.internal.project.AndroidManifestHelper] Unable to read C:\Android\AndroidManifest.xml: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Android\AndroidManifest.xml (The system cannot find the file specified) [2011-06-21 05:30:55 - com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.internal.project.AndroidManifestHelper] Unable to read C:\Android\AndroidManifest.xml: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Android\AndroidManifest.xml (The system cannot find the file specified) [2011-06-21 05:31:26 - TestPuck] Unable to resolve target 'Google Inc.:Google APIs:4' _____________________________________________________________________________________________________ AndroidManifest.xml is a file included in the source code folder downloaded from buzztech am I correct? So tell me how, in Step #7, I locate the source-code folder path ( C:\Users\John\Mobile App ) but when it trys to launch the source code, it is searching C:\Android for the AndroidManifest.xml file? Shouldn't it be searching the folder path I put in ( C:\Users\John\Mobile App ), which is the proper path? Im so confused, Its 6am EST and im exhausted, my eyes hurt, Ive been working on the App since midnight, im sorta a newbie to developing apps but im a veteran when it comes to HTML/PHP/MySQL/Flash etc but iv'e just started diving into the android world 2 days ago :) Please help me figure out why it can not locate the AndroidManifest.xml file in the proper folder this has been driving me nuts for hours!!!!! Thanks in advance to whoever trys to help and and thanks-a-million to the first person who solves my problem!!

OnSale
Android Fan
Yardley, Pa
06/21/11 03:01 AM (12 years ago)
ohhhhh noo. Im very sorry for my topic being posted 4-5 times I hit refresh a couple times on the topic page after it was submitted, posted and live on the site (im not quite sure what happened). I went back to the main forum page and saw it was reposted a bunch of times. I looked for a way to remove the post's myself but im not that lucky :( Now I truly do look like a newbie idiot lol. Again, im sorry to whomever has to clean up my mess.

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
06/21/11 05:44 AM (12 years ago)
Have a look here- http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html Many have had this issue in Eclipse. Try the 'hello world' app in Eclipse and that'll show you if your machine is correctly configured. This I know seems like a helluva place to get stuck but is common.

OnSale
Android Fan
Yardley, Pa
06/21/11 07:49 AM (12 years ago)
Ok cool, cause I made an app with google app inventor and it worked great, I even got the emulator running in eclipse before so I dunno wuts wrong lol but il try that hello world app and let you guys know what happens. Thanks.

koopakid08
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 14, 2011
earth
06/21/11 12:42 PM (12 years ago)
I had a similar problem and I just copied and pasted my android manifest into my android SDK folder and that fixed it for me. I don't know if your having the same problem or not but it's worth a shot.

OnSale
Android Fan
Yardley, Pa
06/23/11 12:44 AM (12 years ago)
Ok so i tried Hello, Android app and it worked perfect. Now i dont have the androidmanifest.xml problem anymore. I have tried to create 2 apps now and both apps i receive this problem: [2011-06-23 03:23:10 - BroadStreetMobile] Unable to resolve target 'Google Inc.:Google APIs:4' When i go to: package explorer > BroadStreetMobile > src > com.v1_4.B40CBC83A828C350DE7DEB6D.com > Obj_MapLocation.java & Screen_LocationMap.java have error's/ red X's on the icon next to the filename. So with the error reading in the console (bottom timestamp information bar) and the filename's of the files with error's im going to go out on a limb here and say, i have some kind of problem with google.maps lol. Can anyone help me out here? I cant believe im having so much damn trouble with this. I thought it was supposed to be simple and easy with no custom coding or anything, yet ive run into a handful of error's and i have yet to see my app in action in the emulator OR on a phone. Someone please help, im getting very frustrated and about to quit. Thanks.

OnSale
Android Fan
Yardley, Pa
06/23/11 12:46 AM (12 years ago)
O and the reason my androidmanifest.xml problem went away was because i followed koopakid08's advice and copy+paste the .xml file into the sdk folder and problem solved. Now, i have this maps problem.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.