Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 2    Views: 99

Pete_331
Lost but trying
Reg: Jul 16, 2014
Perth
12/12/14 08:57 PM (9 years ago)

Missing Applications in Self Hosted server

Hi Guys, Logged into my self hosted server after a few months break and my application is missing.... I had a look in the directory on my server and in the files/application/ folder there were was nothing :( Luckily for backups... So I copied all 'BT-server' files back across but still its not showing up under applications on my bt server. I created a dummy app to see if it was writing to the server which it is. Any hints would be appreciated.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
12/13/14 06:28 AM (9 years ago)
Well, along with directory creation and all that, all applications are entered in the BT Database when you create it, so if it's not showing up, check to see if it's listed in the database, and that it is "created". You would need access to your self hosted MySQL database (via PHPMyAdmin or some other interface) and look in the table "BT_applications" for it. The thing is, that's not the only entry; there are entries for the theme, screens, and things like that, that 'daisy' chain to each other using the 'parent' guid for identification. If you were to manually add the application back, you'd still have to add all of the descendants (and a lot of cryptic data to tie them together) as well. It'd be easier to recreate the app. You might want to see if there is a backup of the database available. That's the biggie. Is 'that' the only app that's missing? Cheers! -- Smug

Pete_331
Lost but trying
Reg: Jul 16, 2014
Perth
12/14/14 12:46 AM (9 years ago)
Thanks Smug, always around to lend a hand. Yep mySQL database had 'reset' or something. There was only one application that I had. I re-created it and have gotten it to the same stage, didn't take as long as I expected. I have now exported my MySQL database in case it happens again. Thanks Again

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.