Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 2    Views: 326

Moto110
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jul 26, 2011
Orlando, FL
08/16/11 07:33 PM (12 years ago)

Driving Direction GPS Error - It appears that device location information is unavailable. This feature will not work without location information.

I have a map location screen and when I click on the driving direction link on the map screen I'm getting the following error: It appears that device location information is unavailable. This feature will not work without location information. I added the locate device button and that works properly. When clicked on that button the first time it prompts to allow the app access to the device location. I answered YES and the driving directions still does not work. I even added the GPS settings screen so I could make sure it was set to YES allow device location. I have look through the v1.5 documentation and can't find anything specifically related to this error message. Anyone else experience this problem and know how to fix it? Thanks. Wayne

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
08/17/11 12:32 AM (12 years ago)
Hi Wayne...maybe make sure the Turn on GPS setting is checked in the Core Settings? Havn't heard this before, the GPS stuff is usually super-reliable. You could also have a look at the console with the app running to see what it reports - maybe some clues.

Moto110
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jul 26, 2011
Orlando, FL
08/17/11 05:24 AM (12 years ago)
David - Thank you! The problem was that the GPS Core Settings was set to NO I changed that to YES and it works great. I forgot all about checking the Core Settings and obviously didn't read enough of the documentation.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.