Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 10    Views: 387

ictguy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 17, 2011
Mildura, Austra...
02/15/12 07:05 PM (12 years ago)

Jquery Mobile issues

G'day, I'm working with local html docs in the BT_docs folder. Everything works fine when I load the page into safari or chrome. However, when I compile the app the javascript doesn't work in the simulator. I get these warnings in xcode: [WARN]warning: no rule to process file '$(PROJECT_DIR)/BT_Docs/jquery.mobile-1.0.1.min.js' of type sourcecode.javascript for architecture i386 [WARN]warning: no rule to process file '$(PROJECT_DIR)/BT_Docs/jquery-1.6.4.min.js' of type sourcecode.javascript for architecture i386 So I am assuming that Xcode doesn't know what to do with the local javascript. I am referencing the javascript in the head of the HTML doc like this: <script src=jquery-1.6.4.min.js></script> <script src=jquery.mobile-1.0.1.min.js></script> I'm using HTML Doc screens on the buzztouch server panel. Any ideas?

kirthstar
Veteran developer
Reg: May 18, 2011
New York
02/15/12 07:30 PM (12 years ago)
add them some pace in Bt_docs .. and you need to exclude them from compiling ..look in properties of the project

Fred@mySkylla com
Android Fan
Reg: Oct 03, 2011
location unknow...
02/15/12 08:25 PM (12 years ago)
Don't know the solution especially since you're iOS. A days ago I posted a thread about ''HTML Docs'' (those words are in the title to the thread). The point of the thread is the difference of HTML assets between iOS and Android and how it relates to Buzztouch. Perhaps there something there that will help. Fred

ictguy
Aspiring developer
Mildura, Austra...
02/15/12 09:23 PM (12 years ago)
Thanks Fred, I have read that post too! And @kirthstar - thanks. I already have them in the BT_Docs folder. I tried removing the references to the javascript files in Xcode (not removing the files themselves from the BT_Docs folder) and the error warnings are gone but the javascript still doesn't load. Any thoughts on where to next? Can anybody with jquery working post a screenshot of their file directory in xcode?

Fred@mySkylla com
Android Fan
Reg: Oct 03, 2011
location unknow...
02/15/12 09:47 PM (12 years ago)
In the BTv1.5 Source Code there's a sample.html file that contains javascript. Take a look and see if BT does anything unusual to make their script work. I have javascript in an HTML Custom Doc embedded that works in my Android app. It's the Search engine I have in my Blog. Nothing special to make it work. I used it in a BTv1.4 app also. If you wish send me the javascript and I'll install onto Android app to see if problem is script or Xcode. Fred

kirthstar
Veteran developer
Reg: May 18, 2011
New York
02/16/12 04:57 AM (12 years ago)
http://www.chrisboyd.net/2011/11/about-javascript-files-and-xcode-4/ you still need to add the files like any other images but, use the above screen shot to move from one to other , so xcode won't compile them

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
02/16/12 06:04 AM (12 years ago)
I think your problem may be with xcode trying to compile the javascript at run / build time. I ran into this a while ago, can't remember the fix exactly but you'll need to remove the files from the compile section in xcode. It's under your target settings somewhere.

ictguy
Aspiring developer
Mildura, Austra...
02/16/12 02:15 PM (12 years ago)
Thanks for the insights guys! When I reference the javascript from the web and use <script src=http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.6.4.min.js></script> the jquery works fine!!! It's just when I reference it as a local file <script src=jquery-1.6.4.min.js>it doesn't work. I wanted all the files local so it would work offline. I'll give the link that @kirthstar posted above a go and report back because the jquery mobile looks soooooo much better than your normal html.

aquila198
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 22, 2011
location unknow...
03/29/12 08:04 PM (12 years ago)
Hey ICT - Did you get it to work? if so, what did you change?

aquila198
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 22, 2011
location unknow...
03/29/12 08:54 PM (12 years ago)
Eureka - I just got the silly thing to work. Many late night attempts later and I am thrilled. Also, just in case, I had another error with the jquery file acting correctly - appearing small. I just put this code in the html file and it worked itself out: <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, minimum-scale=1, maximum-scale=1"> For reference, check out the solutiion mandusum offered on this board: http://forum.jquery.com/topic/how-to-14-6-2011

Rachelle-Joanne
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 15, 2013
Lagos
10/24/13 11:19 PM (10 years ago)
I have an app with which i used Jquery Mobile to build, I am using the custom URL plugin for it. I placed the files on a remote web server and placed the link in the Custom URL plugin but any time I run the app on the simulator or a test device the page keeps showing the loading sign but never loads. I tried using the HTML doc plugin and place all the files in the assests folder but when i run it, the page displays as though its not reading any of the CSS or Javescript files is just plain text i see. please I need your help. If you have worked with JQM, how do you go about deploying it with Buzztouch. WHat is the plugin to use? and where should i store the files? should I store locally or call the files from a webserver. Thank youI have an app with which i used Jquery Mobile to build, I am using the custom URL plugin for it. I placed the files on a remote web server and placed the link in the Custom URL plugin but any time I run the app on the simulator or a test device the page keeps showing the loading sign but never loads. I tried using the HTML doc plugin and place all the files in the assests folder but when i run it, the page displays as though its not reading any of the CSS or Javescript files is just plain text i see. please how do you go about deploying it with Buzztouch. WHat is the plugin to use? and where should i store the files? should I store locally or call the files from a webserver.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.