Discussion Forums  >  Buzztouch News and Announcements

Replies: 73    Views: 472

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
09/10/14 05:20 PM (9 years ago)

On a serious note and to all of the Buzztouch family

Folks - One of our own has been ill recently, more so than I can express in a forum post. Time to say something. If truth be told this should have been said a while ago but it's not for myself - nor anyone else for that matter - to put out news about someone else's private life, as much as you sometimes want to. There has always been a sense of family on these forums. Why only today I saw 3 people setting up calls and help sessions with complete strangers, for no monetary or street creed gain. They did so because the cared, they did so because the have had that same help bestowed freely on them by one of our very good friends. There is not a person in this community that has not benefited from Mark (GoNorthWest) in either a one one capacity or from his trove of posts, guides, videos and general ubiquitousness. He's the man, the original man, he invented the man. He's been here since it wasn't here. He's burned midnight oil like none of us while juggling a proper grown up full time gig with a wife and family. He helped. He enjoys helping. He'll continue to help. Mark and his family have been through and are continuing to go through one of those things you don't dream on anyone. It is just the beginning of a battle, a battle long fought and with new challenges and hurdles in the future now as well as things got complicated. Mark would never tell you all of this, never in a month of Sundays but he has had some darn major surgery in the last few days and while making exceptional progress still needs positive vibes, love, prayers and thoughts sent his way. I had to share this news, Mark's good lady Michelle knows Mark has a couple or three friends on here, yeah? Yeah. Well you need to keep that gent, scholar and darn fine man and his family in your thoughts right now. He's going to be back, sooner rather than later since the doctors can't pin him down and are continually astounded by his will, his strength and his just GoNorthWest-ness. I love Mark like a brother, in fact I've never had a brother, hmm. OK, I love him like a sister. Damn. Don't like where this is going. Peace all and love ya GoNorthWest! MacApple Now sod off to bed everyone. There's sheep to be sheared at dawn.

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
09/10/14 05:32 PM (9 years ago)
Sorry to hear that. Truly is none better than Mark. If I can help in any way I will.

CampGirl
Lost but trying
Reg: Jan 10, 2013
Here and Now
09/10/14 05:36 PM (9 years ago)
Yes, definitely sending prayers Mark's way!! Thank you for being his good friend, too, MacApple. What a community!

Paul Rogers
Android Fan
Reg: May 30, 2011
UK
09/10/14 05:42 PM (9 years ago)
Saddened by the news. My best wishes to Mark and his family. Well said @MacApple.

ianJamesPiano
Code is Art
Reg: Feb 13, 2011
Palm Springs, C...
09/10/14 05:52 PM (9 years ago)
Mark IS the Man no doubt! Much love and positivity going out. We are all a click away xoxox

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
09/10/14 05:54 PM (9 years ago)
Well said, Keith! We all owe him so much. He is the heart of Buzztouch.

WolfTimJ
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 20, 2011
Rockwall, TX
09/10/14 06:13 PM (9 years ago)
Kick it's ass Mark! Tim

Red Dog
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 16, 2011
Southern Califo...
09/10/14 06:42 PM (9 years ago)
Thoughts and prayers for you and yours Mark. Thank you Keith for letting us know.

SheriDee
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 23, 2011
location unknow...
09/10/14 09:24 PM (9 years ago)
Wow! incredible man which has been said before - "the heart of buzztouch" Thank you Keith for letting us know - We tend to forget our humanism behind the screen- Mark is one of the few that could express that love through the inter webs- if there is anything we can let us know! Prayers and comforting energy sent family's way!

pdog
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Nov 20, 2013
Kelowna, BC, Ca...
09/10/14 09:25 PM (9 years ago)
Thanks for the post. I just sent him my best Canuck wishes :)

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
09/10/14 10:57 PM (9 years ago)
Most people here know me as an Android programmer in these forums. What most people do not know is that I am a professional medical astrologer, for some 25 years by now. In practical terms, what that means is this: -- you tell me when you are born -- also tell me when your illness started -- tell me if you had a surgery and when I have a look at the horoscope and tell you when will you get better, when it may become worse and so on. I can also suggest which kinds of alternative therapies could be applicable to the situation. This is the hardest branch of astrology, one in which no mistakes are allowed. Normally I request $147 for a prediction like that, but for Mark I'll do it for free, if the family is interested.

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
09/10/14 11:20 PM (9 years ago)
thanks Keith, keeping yall in my prayers Mark!

0z2000tv
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 10, 2011
Nashville
09/10/14 11:36 PM (9 years ago)
Thank you for posting. To me, Mark represents the spirit of Buzztouch. He shared as he learned. He is a mentor to some and a teacher to many. Mark developed into a great fireman. Putting out Customer Relation fires or with his teaching PDF's and proactive posts to the forum helped prevent CS fires. My prayers go out to Mark, his family, his friends and his BT peeps. Get well soon Mark. Mike

MadRod
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 12, 2012
Lisbon
09/11/14 01:48 AM (9 years ago)
Only met him once in St. Louis, it was amazing. A nicer man is hard to find. Learned a lot and overcame obstacles with his help. For sure my families prayers go out to him. Stay safe. Miguel

feraco
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 23, 2012
nyc
09/11/14 04:00 AM (9 years ago)
Feel better Mark. This is quite a shock. One of the originals here at buzztouch!

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
09/11/14 04:24 AM (9 years ago)
Whatever is within my power to do; I'm happy to help. Mark is the essence of comraderie and has helped me and countless others. It's the least we can do. Cheers! -- Smug

Joe Sprott
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 20, 2011
Melbourne, FL
09/11/14 04:27 AM (9 years ago)
I pray for Marks healing and strength for his family in the name of Jesus Amen

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
09/11/14 06:32 AM (9 years ago)
Mark is one of the pillars of this community. I especially remember one thread just after I discovered buzztouch where another poster was being repeatedly aggressive in his comments - unreasonably so. Mark showed by his replies that he is one of the most polite, sanguine and honourable contributors I had come across and prepared to help anyone. Mark, get well soon. Alan

Crown Solutions
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 11, 2011
MN
09/11/14 06:38 AM (9 years ago)
Thoughts and prayers go out. Always been able to tell he is genuinely a good guy. Get well fast!! Jim

mysps
Code is Art
Reg: May 14, 2011
Palma
09/11/14 07:39 AM (9 years ago)
Thanks for posting Keith. Stay strong Mark! Prayers to you and your family. -Sil

Uelsimon
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 25, 2012
NYC
09/11/14 07:47 AM (9 years ago)
Will keep you and your family in my prayers Mark.

KevinPerry
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 10, 2012
Wisconsin, USA
09/11/14 07:48 AM (9 years ago)
Hopes, thoughts and prayers go out to one of the greats on here. Hope you overcome this soon Mark. Keep fighting and never give up ... oh I forgot who I was commenting about, Mark give up ... not his way. Kevin

ATRAIN53
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 17, 2011
Chicago
09/11/14 08:26 AM (9 years ago)
You're gonna get thru this like a champ. and when you do you're gonna document your recovery process and use that to help others, because that's the kinda guy you are :) and good to see Ian who is still in our thoughts <3

krompa
Lost but trying
Reg: Jun 14, 2013
Bristol
09/11/14 08:37 AM (9 years ago)
Mark's selfless work in helping others is inspirational. My thoughts are with you and your family Mark. Get well soon.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
09/11/14 10:03 AM (9 years ago)
Hello Buzztouch Family! And I do mean family...you are all more than just virtual people that exist somewhere out on the Inter Webs. You are truly my friends and comrades. Just wanted to post a quick update to Keith's amazing post. I am truly humbled by all the well wishes, accolades, and answer to prayers. You are an awesome group of people! The short of things is that I have colon cancer, and had my entire colon removed on Monday. I've been dealing with ulcerative colitis for many years, and this is sorta the end-game for that problem. UC increases the risk of colon cancer at some point, and that point for me, is now. I was extremely fortunate to get in and have my surgery done when I did, because the cancer had expanded to my appendix, which was about to burst apparently. That would have been disastrous for many reasons. So, I'm also absent an appendix now as well! But I did manage to pick up an ostomy bag, so at least I get to leave the hospital with a gift! Moving forward, we're waiting for the results of the biopsies to see where the cancer stands. It's most likely stage 3, and I'll have to undergo some chemo. But, I'm also doing some serious praying that it comes back all clear, with no cancer remaining. I'm fully confident that God can do that, but if it turns out the chemo is something I have to deal with, we'll roll with it like everything else. I'll have some time off the next few weeks, so you may see me on the forums more than usual for a bit. Thank you ALL for your tremendous outpouring of support and LOVE! Mark

MadRod
Aspiring developer
Lisbon
09/11/14 10:38 AM (9 years ago)
Cheers to that.

Solver
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 07, 2013
LOS
09/11/14 10:52 AM (9 years ago)
Never met but always found...here on BT and I wondered where you found the strength to be so resourceful. We should never let a good(great)man down. My prayers for you and your home. Stay strong as you have spoken, so shall God honor you.

Solver
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 07, 2013
LOS
09/11/14 11:16 AM (9 years ago)
Never met but always found...here on BT and I wondered where you found the strength to be so resourceful. We should never let a good(great)man down. My prayers for you and your home. Stay strong as you have spoken, so shall God honor you.

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 09, 2012
Upstate New Yor...
09/11/14 11:23 AM (9 years ago)
Mark, get well. Thoughts and prayers to you. If there's anything I can do let me know. Lord knows, you helped me enough! Thanks MacApple for the info Dave

farcat
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 27, 2012
France
09/11/14 12:30 PM (9 years ago)
Mark, to say that you are the Man is the understatement of the century! You helped me so much that I though that for some reason you took a shine on me. Something to do with my French accent, candid use of BT terminology and awkward newbie-ness. Little did I know that you were just nice and helpful with everybody, unconditionally. I am truly sorry to hear about your condition, we are all thinking very much about you and your family. Some things are no jokes but I always found that a little chuckle make any weight that much lighter, so here you go my friend: - Two fish are in a tank, one turns around, looks at the other one and say: "So, how do drive this thing?" - I have friend who is insomniac, agnostic and dyslexic. I often find him in his garden in the middle of night, wondering if there is a dog. - Two muffins are in a oven. One turns around and said to the other one: "Phewww, is it hot or what?" The other one gasps in shock and cries "Arrgh!! A talking muffin!!" Get well soon. :) Farid

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
09/11/14 02:45 PM (9 years ago)
I've met Mark three times. Wife has met him two times. Each time, we were instantly greeted with a smile and a mellow demeanor. That preserverence and patience will get you through this episode, Mark. In this situation, what can I say other than to give you a distracting homework assignment of getting BT to work with Android Studio :-) Just like a good song stays, thanks for putting your smile into my head, Mark! Sincerely, -- Niraj

shenry
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 10, 2012
Orange County, ...
09/11/14 03:21 PM (9 years ago)
Just out of surgery and already talking about how he can help us in the forums. What a guy! Mark, we are all sending you massive love and prayers. Thanks for keeping us updated – you know how we worry :)

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
09/11/14 03:34 PM (9 years ago)
Awesome jokes, @farcat...thanks! Android Studio is indeed one of my projects at hand. I'll get that nailed and a video out for everybody. Rock on! Mark By the way...writing this from HOME! Not the hospital!

First Run Publishi...
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 07, 2011
Highland, Calif...
09/11/14 04:09 PM (9 years ago)
You are awesome Mark. My family and I will keep you and your family in our prayers always. Stay Strong. Tony

MacApple
Apple Fan
USA
09/11/14 04:15 PM (9 years ago)
None like him!

Adam
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 23, 2010
Southern Califo...
09/11/14 04:39 PM (9 years ago)
Get well soon Mark Adam

PSMDanny
Apple Fan
Reg: Dec 09, 2011
Heerlen
09/11/14 04:45 PM (9 years ago)
Mark, So sorry to hear this story. Met you in San Diego as a wonderful, great, warm personality. Often I'm still thinking about the Sunday when I met you and your wife roller-skating at the beach of San Diego. I really missed you in Vegas (you said we would meet again). Too bad you couldn't make it. I wish you and your family all the best and may God give you all the power and strength that is needed to fight and live with this situation. I'm absolutely not religious but I'll ask the 'higher powers' to guard over you. Best Regards, Danny

RonBo
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 26, 2012
Raleigh, NC
09/11/14 05:30 PM (9 years ago)
I'm humbled as I read this thread, never before have I seen a community like this. Thanks for the inspiration Mark, and prayers out to you for rapid recovery.

LeonG
Apple Fan
Reg: Nov 08, 2011
Hamburg
09/11/14 06:16 PM (9 years ago)
Wish you all the best!

Warren Evans
Apple Fan
Reg: Jan 28, 2012
Effingham IL
09/11/14 06:18 PM (9 years ago)
Mark - If there is anything I can do for you and your family, don't hesitate to say the word. I will be thinking of you. Warren

Higgey
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Sep 07, 2011
West Midlands
09/12/14 01:13 AM (9 years ago)
I am so sorry to hear of your illness, Mark. I have truly benefited from your generosity in the past and I probably would not be where I am today without you. I trust that your faith will help you and your family through this time. You can certainly count on prayers from myself asking that our Lord Jesus takes care of you and blesses you in every way. God bless you, Mark. John

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
09/12/14 06:35 AM (9 years ago)
As much as I would love to give the Mark play-by-play, I'll refrain and wait for him too - because I I know he will. I can say that we're all super proud of his progress so far. Like all of you said (but none as good as MacApple!) it's unreal how much Mark has contributed to our community, our effort, our projects, our own fires. I'm not immune to this. I'll bet he's helped me more than any person in our gang. Simply put, Mark is SAINTLY. Mark and his clan paid me a little visit in Monterey last year. The dude wouldn't even let me pick up the check at dinner. I think I won the argument eventually but it wasn't easy. Michelle (wife) and the kids (nameless), are nearly as saintly (just a notch below until they earn at least 1,000 points) which makes for one heck-of-a-4-person-team. We all now the dudes a bad ass. We all know the dudes insanely helpful. We all know the dudes got our backs. I'm happy to see we all have his in this time of need. Think about Mark over the coming days and weeks. Appreciate Mark over the coming days and weeks. Pray for Mark (if you're that type) over the coming days and weeks....ALL WILL BE WELL. d.

chadh0130
Apple Fan
Reg: Nov 05, 2011
Rhode Island
09/12/14 08:32 PM (9 years ago)
@Mark, It truly saddens me to hear about what you're going through, but I know the good lord will watch over you and give you the strength you need to prevail. I'm humbled to have gotten to chat (the few times we have) with you over the years, and I wouldn't have the knowledge I have today, if it weren't for your effects. If you need anything, and I do mean anything, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for everything you do for the community and I hope one day I can be graced with your presence. Get well! -Chad

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
09/12/14 10:04 PM (9 years ago)
Still super humbled at all the prayers, thoughts and well wishes! The Buzztouch family...that's really what we are...not just a community...continues to amaze me. If there is anywhere else on the Inter Webs like this, I have not found it. Things are still going well. Adjusting to my new norm (#inthebag...because of my ostomy bag!) and trying to keep occupied while not doing too much. Got an app submitted to iTunes today, so we'll see how that goes. My next project is Android Studio. I have at least one more week off before I consider going back to work (but it would all be remotely from home). No word from the doctor yet on biopsy results yet. I think it's a forgone conclusion that I'll be doing chemo sometime in the near future, but no official word yet. Again, many thanks for all the posts and PMs. I love you all! You are an amazing family to me and to each other! Don't hesitate to contact me if you need help with anything...got lots of time on my hands at the moment! Mark

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 09, 2012
Upstate New Yor...
09/13/14 05:04 AM (9 years ago)
Hey Mark, Keep doing what you're doing and this will be just a memory of the past before you know it. From you're last post I can safely assume what you are going through and can tell you that you will be in good shape in no time. Although I've never been through it, I have to use both hands to count the number of people that I know who have and I can say without hesitation that they've come through with flying colors. Keep your mind active and when you are able to, keep your body active and before you know it, this bump in the road will be smoothed out and life will be great once again. Good luck and Best Wishes Dave

fusionsch
I hate code!
Reg: Dec 28, 2010
Montreux Switze...
09/14/14 06:24 AM (9 years ago)
Just read the sad news... Hope you'll soon get well, Mark! Hope all these prayers and wishes from the BT Community will help! Sure it should. Jack

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
09/15/14 11:00 AM (9 years ago)
9/15 Update: Got biopsy results back today, and it was as expected. There is some cancer in one of the lymph nodes my doctor took out (but not in one of the others, so that's good). There is no other cancer beyond what she found during surgery...so that's good news as well! Bottom line is that I have some sort of chemo in my near future (probably start mid-October). It's not unexpected, and I'm not overly worried about it. I fully believe that I'll walk away from it 100% cancer free, and that will be in a large part due to your prayers and thoughts! Love you guys! Mark PS - I think I got a BT app to compile using Android Studio yesterday! Just couldn't get the emulator to work!

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
09/15/14 11:06 AM (9 years ago)
Only because a few people have asked : http://amzn.com/w/1Y1ZG2R9UQCXC

MadRod
Aspiring developer
Lisbon
09/15/14 11:57 AM (9 years ago)
Good news indeed. Cheers

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Cerritos
09/15/14 11:59 AM (9 years ago)
That's positive news, Mark! With your upbeat outlook, your family is doing marvelous. Give them hugs from us. :-) -- Niraj

fusionsch
I hate code!
Reg: Dec 28, 2010
Montreux Switze...
09/15/14 01:57 PM (9 years ago)
Maybe prayers and thoughts play a role, but the main actor is YOU, Mark! Keep on fighting and being positive, it's the right way! Keep on rockin'!

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
09/19/14 04:43 AM (9 years ago)
Sending you and your family big hug mark, you,ve helped me out in lost moments (of which there has been lots) If theres anything i can do, just holler, have you checked out the results they have been getting using cannabis oil, im sure you have, just thought i would mention it, as ive seen lot on it past couple of months, cheers dude keep strong and keep smiling :)

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
09/23/14 10:31 PM (9 years ago)
9/23 Update: My wife and I visited my oncologist yesterday and got a handle on what's going on. n true Fleming fashion, my case is somewhat normal but with a unique twist! Basically, there are two types of cancers that were found during the pathology of what was removed during surgery : an adenocarcinoma, which is kind of a basic, common cancer cell, along with a less common carcinoid cancer. In fact, one of the lymph nodes showed a hybrid of these two. My doctor was a bit taken back, because in his 20 years of doing his work, he's never seen these two together before! Apparently people usually have one or the other, but very few people have both. Gotta love being unique! The treatment for my case would be the same whether I had one or the other type. I'm basically looking at 6 months of chemotherapy...12 two week cycles. I'll be undergoing the Folfox regime, which is combination of three drugs : Folinic Acid, Fluorouracil, and Oxaliplatin. It'll be the typical two week cycle, where I do chemo one week, then rest the second week. The "on" week will start with about 5 hours at the office getting infused with that healing cocktail, and then I'll wear a pump for the next two days that will keep me going with 46 hours more of the Fluorouracil. Then I'll go back to the office to have the pump removed. Easy peasy! All this will be delivered via a portacath that I had installed today. "Installed"...that sounds like I'm getting a Borg device or something. Cool! My doctor likes to start the regimen 5-6 weeks after surgery. So, we'll start mine right after the kids' Fall Break, which means I get some time in California before this all goes down! Side effects you ask? The usual, and nothing I can't handle : hair loss ("usually not"), nausea ("uncommon" he says - I'm sure people would beg to differ), fatigue ("mild to moderate"), a few types of neuropathy ("cold sensitivity, muscle aches, numbness and tingling in the extremities.") I can think of many worse things than these. I think that about sums it up! With your continued prayers and thoughts I'm gonna kick this thing big time! I honestly can't wait to get started so I can be done, stronger, and ready to live life for God! Rock on! Mark

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Cerritos
09/23/14 11:02 PM (9 years ago)
You've got the spirit and the will, Mark! We've much to learn from you :-) When you get into the SoCal area, let us know, we'll come a-running. -- Niraj

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
09/23/14 11:04 PM (9 years ago)
Sounds good, Niraj! We'll be doing Disneyland with a couple other families...a much needed break for all of us! Mark

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
09/23/14 11:06 PM (9 years ago)
We're pulling for you, Mark! If you need to convalesce in a tropical environment, let us know! Cheers! -- Smug

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
09/23/14 11:14 PM (9 years ago)
I like that idea, Smug! Maybe you'll see us on your doorstep someday! Mark

Joe Sprott
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 20, 2011
Melbourne, FL
09/24/14 03:11 AM (9 years ago)
Great attitude Mark, I see the finger prints as you said in your letter. Rock on big daddy Joe

CSSZiegler
I hate code!
Reg: May 30, 2012
Monsey, New Yor...
09/24/14 09:41 AM (9 years ago)
Mark. Love your positive outlook in all this. I admire that!

MadRod
Aspiring developer
Lisbon
09/24/14 10:55 AM (9 years ago)
Love the attitude. Go For It Man! We're with you. Cheers. Miguel

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
09/28/14 09:19 PM (9 years ago)
9/28 Update: I had a PET scan last Friday, and got some great news! There is NO NEW CANCER! Keep in mind that these scans only pick up clusters of cancer cells, and not some of the smaller cells that could exist, but for all intents and purposes, my surgeon successfully extracted all the existing cancer from my body during my surgery! I'm still set to undergo chemotherapy (Folfox treatment) for 12 two week cycles starting October 20th. I'm accepting that as another challenge to beat, and am feeling super confident that it'll wrap this whole thing up on a high note! Again, many thanks for the thoughts, prayers, and gifts you have all blessed me with! Mark PS : I've changed my Android blog to a cancer blog. You can follow what's going on at http://www.thunderstruck.com/. Feel free to sign up to be notified of updates!

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
09/28/14 09:22 PM (9 years ago)
Awesome! Glad to hear it Mark. And thanks for the updates.

Uelsimon
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 25, 2012
NYC
09/28/14 10:30 PM (9 years ago)
Congrats Mark…sounds like things keep moving ‘north’. Keep it up. :) God continues to pour grace over you and your family. Good stuff. €

SheriDee
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 23, 2011
location unknow...
09/29/14 08:21 PM (9 years ago)
YOU FLIPPING ROCK! LOVE IT!!!! Great News My Friend :)

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Hopkins, Minnes...
10/20/14 07:37 PM (9 years ago)
I made a website out of the comments I received from many of the Buzztouch Developers. http://gonorthwest.ninja Mark truly is a code and training ninja to all of us. If you have something you would like to add, send it to [email protected]. Thank you to the developers who participated in this project!

QC
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 20, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
11/19/14 08:44 PM (9 years ago)
Keep the faith. We are all pulling for you

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
11/19/14 08:58 PM (9 years ago)
Thanks, @QC! I'm doing pretty darn well these days...you can follow my recovery at my #InTheBag Blog - http://www.thunderstruck.com/. You can register to receive email updates on the upper-right side of the page. And faith, indeed, is what's getting me through this! Mark

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Hopkins, Minnes...
01/30/15 01:29 PM (9 years ago)
Hello, everyone! I visited Mark and Michelle a few days ago, and I can report that he is doing great! However, I also learned that he has $20,000 in unpaid medical bills. I set up a GoFundMe account so that we can help him out. Will you consider giving something to help him out? http://www.gofundme.com/l479yg Thank you!

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
01/30/15 01:51 PM (9 years ago)
I am truly humbled by this amazing gesture! Thank you, Susan, for setting this up! I am constantly amazed by the caring nature of the Buzztouch community! Mark

MadRod
Aspiring developer
Lisbon
01/30/15 01:56 PM (9 years ago)
Well done Susan.

MacApple
Apple Fan
USA
01/30/15 01:59 PM (9 years ago)
With you!

ianJamesPiano
Code is Art
Reg: Feb 13, 2011
Palm Springs, C...
01/30/15 02:35 PM (9 years ago)
Go Mark!

CSSZiegler
I hate code!
Reg: May 30, 2012
Monsey, New Yor...
02/01/15 10:56 AM (9 years ago)
I actually posted the link to a couple of gofundme Facebook groups. Glad things are better, well almost better atleast!

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
02/01/15 01:46 PM (9 years ago)
That's very kind of you, @CSSZiegler! Thanks! Things are much better for sure! Mark

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.