Discussion Forums  >  Buzztouch News and Announcements

Replies: 6    Views: 125

Cakebit
Code is Art
Reg: Dec 15, 2010
In your local b...
01/14/20 02:48 AM (2 weeks ago)

Buzztouch 4.0.4 for iOS - Pre-Release [Beta]

Hi all! Hope your new year is off to a great start! There’s lots going on behind the scenes with server updates, database improvements, bug fixes and more… but this was top priority to get out to everyone as soon as possible.

Today a beta of the updated Buzztouch 4.0 core for iOS is rolling out on Buzztouch.com. This update includes compatibility for Xcode 9 and Xcode 10 and bundles in support for those newer iPhone devices (iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro). We’ve also rolled out a handful of manual plugin updates for those included in the core. Once you have downloaded a project, view the BETA-NOTES.txt file to see the updated list of changes to the source.

To grab the latest beta, head to your app’s Download Project webpage, and select the “[iOS Beta] Buzztouch Core v4.0.4” option from the new “Build Version” drop down (see Screen Shot below).

When you download a project the .zip archive name will look something like:

[appName]_iOS_BTv4.0.4.zip

Note: This pre-release is for iOS only, Android projects will still compile with Buzztouch 4.0.3 regardless of the selection. (We just weren’t able to roll both releases out together, sorry about that.)

This post will be updated as further beta releases (and anticipated fixes!) roll out. If you encounter any issues or bugs please post them to this thread.

----------------------------------------

### Changes ###
View the “BETA-NOTES.txt” text file inside your project download for a current list of changes.

### Known Issues ###
Xcode will warn about a 1024x1024 icon being required in Assets.xcassets. The project will still compile even with this warning.

The included Launch Screens are blank images- Apple recommends designing a launch screen that’s nearly identical to the first screen of your app. See Apple's Human Interface Guidelines for more info: http://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/ios/icons-and-images/launch-screen/

### Plugin Updates ###
Several of the Buzztouch market plugins have been manually patched with support for iOS 9+. If you’re having an issue with a specific plugin, please open a forum post- Often there are some common fixes that can be applied inside your Xcode project to fix these errors (Thomas has a great post over at http://buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=E79628F33B32272319EB35D with some helpful information).

Hope you enjoy!

Buzztouch 4.0.4 Beta
FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
01/16/20 05:30 AM (1 week ago)
great news, well done, wasnt expecting an update so soon, keep up the great work dude :)

MadRod
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 12, 2012
Lisbon
01/16/20 09:20 AM (1 week ago)
Awesome.
Haven't developed in a while. Are selfserver still active? I mean will the plugins and core have updades? Or should be just develop on BT?

Thanks

Cakebit
Code is Art
Reg: Dec 15, 2010
In your local b...
01/16/20 03:04 PM (1 week ago)
Hi MadRod!

Great to see a familiar face around the forums. :)

I'd recommend you build a test app on Buzztouch.com- this beta isn't available on Self Hosted panels as pushing this update to Self Hosted users would require an additional modification on everyone's servers. (That said; If anyone needs this beta on their Self Hosted server, please reach out- I'm sure we can find some way to make it work!).

I do plan on rolling out BTv4.0.4 to Self Hosted servers once it leaves beta. We really want everyone to have opportunity to take advantage of it. (I'm not sure about the plugin updates... I *think* if you run your plugin updater in your Self Hosted control panel it should pick up the new versions I pushed out... I might have to do some work on our end if your Self Hosted install is not seeing the updates).

Let me know if you have any issues.
Thanks everyone!

mysps
Code is Art
Reg: May 14, 2011
Palma
01/20/20 06:39 AM (1 week ago)
Congrats Cakebit!

Awesome news, its been a while :)

Thanks

aquila198
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 22, 2011
location unknow...
01/20/20 10:30 AM (1 week ago)
Cakebit - great job on supplying an update! It's been years and fantastic to see this come back to life!
awesome indeed, mysps!

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
01/27/20 10:28 AM (1 day ago)
So very cool to see these names posting!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.