Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 09, 2012
Upstate New Yor...
11/08/17 07:11 PM (6 years ago)

Back to sizing and BT4

Hello again, I'm having another problem with auto sizing and BT4. I use an image as a background while the app refreshes. In older versions of BT, I accomplished this in BT_Layout BT_loadConfigDataViewController.m at around line 45 I added //set background color for loading view [self.view setBackgroundColor:[UIColor colorWithPatternImage:[UIImage imageNamed:@"xxxxxxxxxx.png"]]]; This works great on any device because it auto sizes With BT4, I do this in the BT_Screens bt_Loading BT-Loading.m file around line 44 This adds the image to the background during the app refresh period but it does NOT auto scale. Is anyone having a similar experience? Any ideas on how to get the image to auto scale in BT4? Thanks again, Dave

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
11/20/17 04:04 AM (6 years ago)
Have you used different sized images? image.png as well as [email protected] and [email protected]? It seems that should work... I hope anyway, lol! Cheers! -- Smug

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 09, 2012
Upstate New Yor...
11/20/17 08:15 AM (6 years ago)
Hi Smug. I use an asset catalog for the launch image which includes all of the required sizes. The launch screen image renders perfectly on all devices. The image that I'm having trouble with is what is normally a color background when you hit the refresh button. I use an image that basically says that the app is refreshing. In previous versions of BT, the image auto sized using the code above that I got from this forum. I've tried a bunch of hacks that from stack overflow with no luck in BT4.I think that it has a lot to do with the fact that we're still using older code and Xcode is moving forward so rapidly. Worse case scenario, I go back to using a colored background and change the little pinwheel refreshing indicator to an app themed image. Thanks, Dave

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.