Discussion Forums  >  Maps, Device Location, Tracking

Replies: 3    Views: 348

Nelson
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 06, 2013
Viseu
08/13/15 01:42 PM (8 years ago)

ios gps on launch to the Smugs Location Menu

Hello,I am having trouble turning on the GPS when the application opens. I have the Start Tracking Location (turn on GPS) in the "core" "Yes start gps on launch" but when I open the application, does not appear the window asking you to allow the GPS location. I have to go to Settings / Privacy / Location Services / and share location directly in the application. I am using the plugin "Smugs Location Menu" and it is very important that the GPS is immediately connected on application start. Everything was fine until I did the last update from BT. has anyone experienced the same? I do not know what to do, can you help me?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
08/15/15 05:16 AM (8 years ago)
Try reading this and see if it helps. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/115208762/iOS8LocFix.pdf If it doesn't, let me know and we'll work through this. Cheers! -- Smug

Nelson
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 06, 2013
Viseu
08/15/15 11:19 PM (8 years ago)
yes, it solved the problem. Thank you Smug. Miller it is very good, but here in Portugal we prefer Sagres or Super Bock. Cheers. Nelson

Alessandro
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 13, 2012
São Paulo
06/05/16 10:35 AM (7 years ago)
Smug's tutorial worked for me too! As you are talking about beer, I tested Smug's instructions in a new version of my app about beers...

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.