Discussion Forums  >  Audio, Video, Playing, Recording

Replies: 5    Views: 212

Malikai
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 18, 2011
Seattle
11/09/13 07:14 PM (10 years ago)

Need help with audio app

I have been working on this for a while and seem to be hitting a wall. I am working on an app that will allow people to purchase speeches via an in app purchase. They will be able to select a track, purchase it, then it will be stored on their iPhone/iPad for local playback. Can anyone help me get going in the right direction? I have Dreamweaver CC, xCode, etc. Is Phonegap, the best way? Any help is much appreciated! Seth

EdReyes
Lost but trying
Reg: Oct 21, 2013
location unknow...
11/09/13 07:19 PM (10 years ago)
@Malikai, was just thinking about an audio player/storage for in app purchase, do you know what the best of the best app you have found that comes close or is doing what you need. I can take a look and see, reverse engineer it, if they are using 3rd party sdks. Let me know Ed

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
11/09/13 09:38 PM (10 years ago)
Buzztouch would work just fine, it's all just code when you get down to it. To me BT is more of a 'workflow' than a framework. That being, you'll want to have a 'catalog' of audio for the user to choose/purchase. Once the app is published, you can't 'add' anything to it, so you should decide if your audio will live inside the app, to be unlocked later, or to have it reside on the internet somewhere, and have the user download the selected audio file. And have the ability to re-download the file, should they erase the cache for some reason. If internet access is not an issue, you might think about using an audio stream plugin to 'stream' the audio to the app rather than a download, to alleviate huge filesizes. This would require the app to have constant network access however. The part I'm not entirely sure about is the 'download on demand' part, with respect to authentication and inapp purchases and stuff; I've never really messed with that. I know it can be done, I just don't know how, lol! But if there's something I can help with, yell. Cheers! -- Smug

Malikai
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 18, 2011
Seattle
11/10/13 01:01 PM (10 years ago)
there is an app called Brainwave which is similar. The issue I have is that I'm not a coder which I know, makes it very difficult. As for streaming, we want to allow for offline listening. Streaming may be an option down the road but for now we want local storage. Thanks for the responses.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
11/10/13 03:44 PM (10 years ago)
Try looking at the Voucher and the In-App plugins. My assumption is that the audio files will already be in the app, it is part of the download. Of course, audio files may make the app too large for a speedy download. In that case, within the App's description, ask the users to be patient during the download process. -- Niraj

ThomasSechak
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jul 10, 2011
Charlottsville
12/17/13 04:39 PM (10 years ago)
Hi Malikai Have you found a solution, I am working on an app with the same basic function as you describe. Thanks

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.