Discussion Forums  >  App Store Approvals, Thank You's

Replies: 16    Views: 212

MadRod
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 12, 2012
Lisbon
07/29/14 07:37 AM (9 years ago)

BtGo... Go... Lets review it

Hey, most of you must have seen it by now, BtGo is online and live on app store. I think all of us that download it, show review it on the App Store, a small gesture of thank you towards BT's effort and hard work on this. Come on guys, lets 5 Star this app and make it reach the tops around the world. Thanks BT. Cheers. Miguel

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
07/29/14 07:38 AM (9 years ago)
The movement - https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/btgo/id901761900?mt=8 This is just dawn of the new beginning! Great day, very happy, proper excited.

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
07/29/14 08:12 AM (9 years ago)
So this is the movement force I felt.im excited!

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
07/29/14 08:30 AM (9 years ago)
Downloaded and reviewed! Rock on! Mark

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
07/29/14 09:02 AM (9 years ago)
From other post. "I can correlate any suggestions for the time being all. Email me keith (at) buzztouch dot com. Save filling others inbox. Cheers, Maciver"

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
07/29/14 09:35 AM (9 years ago)
Thank you for leading us in this, @Madrod! You are so sweet. Your reviews will help us immensely in spreading the word about this new milestone for Buzztouch. Thank you!

SheriDee
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 23, 2011
location unknow...
07/29/14 10:00 AM (9 years ago)
HUGE! Congratulations! WOW!

ATRAIN53
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 17, 2011
Chicago
07/29/14 10:32 AM (9 years ago)
Glad to see this is finally approved and we can check it out. I attended the webinar that explained this but not sure I'm really understanding it exactly and how we'd use this with clients? or is this just a BT app for BT users to share with each other? Is there going to be an updated Self Hosted BT Server package coming soon that works with these gadgets or lets us make/host our own gadgets? This has a very Nice UI BT! Thanks!

LA
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 16, 2012
Jerseyville, IL
07/29/14 10:35 AM (9 years ago)
Downloaded! LA

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Hopkins, Minnes...
07/29/14 10:46 AM (9 years ago)
This product is really intended to help people who are new to Buzztouch. While the Buzztouch developers (soon to be Bt Pros) may be able to have some fun with it and perhaps use it for some prototyping, BtGo is intended for new people who don't know Buzztouch. How does it help the Bt Pros? In so many ways. If Buzztouch can make it easier for new people to stick with Buzztouch, then our user base grows and the Bt Pros can sell more plugins. Also, some of the new users will need help in moving their apps from the BTGo stage to a serious app on the App Store, and that creates opportunities for BT Developers to sell services. Of course, it is a nice toy for us too!

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
07/29/14 03:01 PM (9 years ago)
Adding to @Susan's comments: @ATRAIN53 - is it just me or is there also a Cub logo like that where the bear has his eyes closed? Not sure I've seen one with that look in his eye! Good Stuff. BtGo! The potential of this is very very powerful. The version you see today is "all we could get approved." There are lots of things it's capable of that are simply not available yet (if ever), thanks Apple. We trust that they will come around. The issue here is that sharing a "secret code" to a "gadget" is not much different than sharing a "download code" to an app! Right? At least this is how Apple sees it. Consider this. How cool would it be if your secret code led to your cool app. No need for the App Store, ouch. This logic of course could be applied to all sorts of things. Clients when prototyping, developers when prototyping, employees of small companies that don't need an actual app, just some useful tools organized. etc, etc. Our focus is to help people "play" in their device without compiling anything with Xcode. Let them create a few gadgets, share them, get excited about making things in the device then maybe, just maybe, if we're all lucky, get involved at the next level and explore BtCentral. BtCentral is the backend control panel that allows SO MUCH MORE (like building actual apps, exporting projects to Xcode, etc, etc). So, no Xcode, no clue about app-making, never been to Buzztouch.com before, OK, create and share some useful gadgets. Nothing else. Want to make an app, cool, take the next step, visit our site, get into BtCentral and see how it all works. We have big plans for the marriage between BtGo!, BtCentral, Buzztouch Developers and all the other moving parts of our process. This is step .5 (not even to step 1) while we massage Apple's opinion about us and help them understand that we're NOT trying to make another App Store, we're trying to help folks get excited about making things - on THEIR DEVICE. Nothing else. We've already rolled out an update and hope to roll out tons more as we get a feel for Apple's apetite for our creativity. This was a serious battle, getting "something" in the store with this kind of logic front and center. It's in, now we need to remain sensitive to their perspective, and ours, and yours, while also pushing the envelope a bit. Glad you like the UI :-)

aquila198
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 22, 2011
location unknow...
07/29/14 06:49 PM (9 years ago)
I know there is more in store, but this is so slick! Congrats to the BT Team! You guys got my 5 starz - keep up the great work!

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
07/29/14 11:10 PM (9 years ago)
I can see how Apple relented to the initial feature set. They were in the mindset of: "Outbound user generated content is okay by us" Of course, having seen the awesome version in Vegas and now having experienced the pared-down 1.0 version -- we want more! Come on Apple, this is the modern era. What's wrong with User Generated Apps?! Keep on trucking :-) By the way, I have a Sept wedding in mind that can use a full featured BTgo! App. -- Niraj

ATRAIN53
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 17, 2011
Chicago
07/30/14 08:19 AM (9 years ago)
I think that's just some marketing logo from the 50/60's. I used to have that sticker in my room as a kid, def my favorite 'cub' bear logo. They actually just introduced their first 'official' mascott this season after not having one since like 1916. It's a kid friendly thing but they are getting killed in the press with it, no one digs this new 'Clark The Bear" http://voices.suntimes.com/sports/cubs-mascot-could-have-been-worse-than-clark/ ...anyways So eventually the plan is to have this 'gadget' functionality in source code that we could create screens like that with? That check in stuff is very powerful, would love this functionality in a plugin. I've been tinkering with Foursquare and Facebook for this or brewing my own. I love the 'Chill' button, that slideshow reminds me of the "Ken Burns Show" plugin I made. I need to put my splash screen version ont he market! And is that Sue the TREX from the Field in the gallery? Makes more sense now that you guys needed to see Apple approve the code in the store before we start using and abusing it. I'll keep playing with it and watching for updates and ready to test if needed :) Great work, app runs and looks very smooth even under iOS6 FYI. Thanks for the explanation as always :)

Ed Goodall
Fusion Technology
Reg: Oct 01, 2011
Wiltshire, UK
07/30/14 11:56 AM (9 years ago)
The App's UI is just amazing - love the transparent background on the buttons and the font. It looks really good with the screenshots of BTCentral I've seen. Who are the BT Pros @Susan? Curious now! Thanks Ed

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
07/30/14 04:35 PM (9 years ago)
@Ed Goodall: If you're referring to @Susan as a BtPro, heck yes she is! We started the Membership model a year or so ago to try to seperate folks that understand our mission and want to help us advance things a bit. IE, pay us for what we give them. We're moving away from the Membership model and instead will be referring to paid accounts / people / members / friends / users as BtPro's. BtCentral (the control panel we're all used to) will be a subscription based offer. It allows folks to take finer control over gadgets they make and use in the BtGo! app, as well as do all the other stuff we're all used to. Organize plugins into projects, serve as the backend host for apps, etc, etc. New users will be given a free limited time trial access account to BtCentral. Paid subscribers will become BtPro's. Members today will be given subscriptions to BtCentral - naturally. We're not taking anything away or removing things we've done before. We're trying to simply the offer. BtGo! app, free, BtCentral paid subscription after the free trial expires. We think this is easy to understand and better for everyone. We hope to make BtGo! cool enough, good enough, useful enough so that folks don't have to pay anything to find a way to smile. In essense, you won't "need" BtCentral to do simple things that don't cost us a ton in hosting, support, etc. More about this will come out as BtCentral comes together.

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Hopkins, Minnes...
07/30/14 05:45 PM (9 years ago)
Thank you for your kind words, David! Everyone who posted so far is a Buzztouch Member today, and in the new BtCentral, you will all be BtPros! BTW, Ed posted two How-To's today--thank you, Ed! You are an awesome BtPro!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.