Discussion Forums  >  Config Data, JSON, App Refresh

Replies: 8    Views: 314

Barbara88
Code is Art
Reg: Jan 29, 2015
turin
08/10/15 08:28 AM (8 years ago)

Configuration data seems to be wrong

hi, sorry but i'm not good with coding. I just creat my second app but this time i can not run it on my android device. I find the error in configuration data JSON code. The Jason validator message is "Parse error on line 43: ...titleText": "Log In""loadScreenWithItemI... -----------------------^ Expecting '}', ':', ',', ']' ". I don't understand what's the problem. I created this app at the same way as the other one but this one doesn't work. Can you help me?

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
08/10/15 02:15 PM (8 years ago)
Hi Barbara, Basically, there needs to be a comma there, I think. This is a little bug that pops its head up from time to time in Buzztouch. The easiest way to fix it is to find that screen in your control panel, go to the bottom of the page where there is a JSON editor, and then add the comma where it belongs. Or, you can delete the screen in your control panel that this is associated with, recreate the screen, and it'll probably take care of things. Let me know if you don't quite understand what I'm saying. Mark

Barbara88
Code is Art
turin
08/10/15 11:25 PM (8 years ago)
Thank you Mark, I found the problem, but i can not change it from the JSON editor, because the problem is not there. I mean that the code which is wrong in Configuration data doesn't appear in the screen in the control panel. I fixed it copying the correct configuration data into my project "BT_config.txt" file in Android Studio. This time the app starts, but it's telling me that some plugins for some screens were not installed...it seems to be highly improbable since i've installed all the necessary plugins. Are there some problems with the app builder? Thank you so much.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
08/11/15 12:58 AM (8 years ago)
Hi Barbara, Glad you got the JSON issue fixed. If you can't fix it in the control panel editor, you can always delete that screen and then add it back in. That usually takes care of the problem. It's a very specific sequence of events that causes that issue. Have you verified that you included all the plugins in your app in the download package? That's usually the issue in cases like this. Mark

Barbara88
Code is Art
turin
08/11/15 01:14 AM (8 years ago)
Hi Mark, I noticed that the JSON issue comes only when i edit screens in the "menus" section. The main problem now is that i don't have the plugins installed even if i select them before i create the download project. I also checked updates on my Android Studio software and it's all up to date. It is not the first app I create and was all correct from the beginning. I really can not understand what's the problem. This app i'm creating is an old app which i modified. I removed all screens in the old app and i created others. That may be the problem?

Barbara88
Code is Art
turin
08/11/15 05:51 AM (8 years ago)
I really think that are some problems with buzztouch. I tried to create another new app very simple and before downloading the project i checked out configuration data in a JSON validator and the issue is systematic. What do you think about it? Thank you so much

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
08/11/15 07:25 AM (8 years ago)
Well, it's hard to say without looking at the project. Tons of people are downloading and building their projects everyday without issues. That being said, if you'd like to send me your project, I can run it through my Android Studio and see what's up. The best thing would be a fresh download from your control panel. You can send it to mrkfleming at gmail dot com and I'll check it out as soon as possible! Mark

Barbara88
Code is Art
turin
08/12/15 02:09 AM (8 years ago)
Issue solved. It's hard to believe for me, but the problem is the browser. I've been always working on Safari but in the last week i started working on Chrome. I don't know why, but compiling my app on Buzztouch using Chrome returned me all those problem i told you. So, I returned using Safari and it's all fine. Thank you for the support.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
08/12/15 07:20 AM (8 years ago)
Good to know you got it fixed! Mark

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.