Discussion Forums  >  Status Bar, Navigation Bar

Replies: 2    Views: 250

Caslor
Android Fan
Reg: Jul 26, 2013
athens
12/16/15 04:39 AM (8 years ago)

Tabbed bar configuration

Hi where is the file that tabbed bar menu calls the attributes ? In my app doesnt show the full text bellow the images in my tabbed menu and i want to see if i can change the code to display the text with smaller fonts or make it to display them full thanks in advance

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
12/16/15 07:59 AM (8 years ago)
I just have this feeling you want this in android. And at the moment, I don't have my android stuff up and running; I'm working in iOS. So..... Put this in your notes for later, when you work on an iOS project... In your "BT_application.m" file, search for this line: [thisTabsNavController.tabBarItem setImage:tabIcon]; and right underneath that, is where you want to put your code. The properties are now in a 'dictionary', so you have to set stuff up before you can actually implement anything: NSShadow *shadow = [[NSShadow alloc] init]; shadow.shadowColor = [UIColor colorWithRed:0.0 green:0.0 blue:0.0 alpha:0.8]; shadow.shadowOffset = CGSizeMake(0, 1); UIColor *myColor = [BT_color getColorFromHexString:@"#6D6C3A"]; NSDictionary *textola = [NSDictionary dictionaryWithObjectsAndKeys: myColor, NSForegroundColorAttributeName, shadow, NSShadowAttributeName, [UIFont fontWithName:@"AmericanTypewriter" size:10.0], NSFontAttributeName, nil]; once you have your properties setup, add this line: [thisTabsNavController.tabBarItem setTitleTextAttributes:textola forState:UIControlStateNormal]; and voila, your tab item font has been customized. Sorry I'm not working in Android at the moment, but if you still don't have an answer by the time I do, I'll play with it a little and let you know. Cheers! -- Smug

Caslor
Android Fan
Reg: Jul 26, 2013
athens
12/17/15 01:16 PM (8 years ago)
Thanks :) (i will need this for sure for my future ios projects) i will wait for the time you will start the android thanks again

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.