Discussion Forums  >  Capturing Images, Uploading Data

Replies: 1    Views: 298

cheapwebmonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 12, 2012
Earth, sometime...
08/23/13 12:27 PM (10 years ago)

Actual signature field on a form

Anyone know of a quick & inexpensive way to add a field to a form that will allow you to collect actual signatures? I know the draw/paint plug in by mr David would work but these clients want the form and the sig on the same screen...

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
08/23/13 02:04 PM (10 years ago)
"Quick" is a pretty scary term when it comes to doing new things. Something could look simple and take forever to implement. Conversely, sometimes difficult things are amazingly simple. In this case, I'm not sure where this falls, but it sounds kind of cool. I would suspect some kind of overlay on a document, but I've never tried. I did find this: https://github.com/jharwig/SignatureDemo But I've not tried anything like it, nor do I expect I'll find a need in the near future. You might also want to look at some SDK's like 'card.io' and other 'money transaction' type of functionality; they probably implement signature capability as well. Good Luck! Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.