Discussion Forums  >  Config Data, JSON, App Refresh

Replies: 4    Views: 98

daku7
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 30, 2011
Toronto
04/09/13 09:17 AM (11 years ago)

App Refresh System Wide Error

I am using self hosted V2.1.8. 1. App is approved by Apple 2. I login to self hosted BT Server and change the menu for the app. (add or delete screens) 3. User goes to the App Store and downloads the app 4. When user FIRST starts the app, the "App Refresh" prompt is NOT displayed. The OLD menu for the app is displayed. The app does not check to see if the app content is changed. Yes, I am changing the version number in the self hosted BT Server when changing the menu in LIVE MODE. This was the same issue in self hosted V2.1.6 before, but I was able to fix this issue with the following code that was provided by David http://dl.dropbox.com/u/474217/bt/force_refresh.txt //save a pretend lastModifiedFile if one does not exist yet to force a refresh... if(![BT_fileManager doesLocalFileExist:self.modifiedFileName]){ [BT_fileManager saveTextFileToCacheWithEncoding:@"{"lastModifiedUTC":"Mon, 01 Jan 2000 08:00:00 -0800"}":self.modifiedFileName:-1]; } This code does not work in self hosted V2.1.8

Black White
I hate code!
Reg: Feb 22, 2012
hanoi
04/09/13 09:43 AM (11 years ago)
I think if you deleted menu home screen then you need enter Non-Tabbed Layout or Tabbed Layout again You can go to Layout in cpanel your host and enter screen to Non-Tabbed Layout or Tabbed Layout and refresh your app on iPhone.

daku7
Aspiring developer
Toronto
04/09/13 10:07 AM (11 years ago)
Hi Black White, I have already tried, that time only it works fine on installed iPhone apps, if any User goes to the App Store and downloads the app that time refresh alert wont show.

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
04/09/13 05:11 PM (11 years ago)
Hi Daku7, This isn't a "system wide error." This is not related to your self hosted panel, regardless of what version you're using. You may be confused a bit about what's happening here? -The app is responsible for checking for updates. -The backend (yours, ours, wherever the reportToCloudURL points to). -The app is not designed to "check for updates" when it's first installed. It's this way so that the end-user sees something (the config.txt file backed in the app) even if they don't have an internet connect. Apple reviews apps ALOT by disconnecting them from the internet. There are tons of ways to modify this, like you discovered in your previous app. Again, this is NOT related to you control panel, it's related to WHEN the app checks for updates. Hope this helps.

daku7
Aspiring developer
Toronto
04/09/13 05:19 PM (11 years ago)
Hi David, Thanks for the explanation. Yes, I would like to modify this. Your old code does not work now in V2.1.8. How can i get the code to work for V2.1.8. Do you or anyone else have this new code? Thanks

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.