Discussion Forums  >  Introduce Yourself

Replies: 3    Views: 130

tboy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 07, 2014
Istanbul
09/10/14 10:36 AM (9 years ago)

paid vs free apps!!!

Hello guys, i notice most people create free apps while others create paid apps. so am asking how does one knows if the app should be free or paid after creating the app.

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Nov 03, 2011
Oxford
09/10/14 11:09 AM (9 years ago)
Having published apps for both free and paid, you will get about 5% of users if you start charging for apps.

Becky
I hate code!
Reg: Aug 08, 2012
NYC
09/10/14 12:11 PM (9 years ago)
Test it out. Set it for free for a week and paid for another week. That's what I did and I found out that setting it for paid gets me more revenue. This isn't always the case but is the case for the particular apps I put out on the market.

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
09/10/14 01:43 PM (9 years ago)
That's generally speaking true for iOS. On Android, you are not allowed to have one app that can have a price both of zero now or some other price later. In Android, it is either free or paid for and you cannot switch from to another and vice versa. People usually make free apps with lots of ads and then offer the same app for a buck or so without any ads. There may be many more strategies to this. On the positive side, Google Play lets you know how many downloads of an app have there been and then you multiply that by the price and see that some Android apps are making healthy amounts of money, say, in lower five figures. If you have an idea for an app, visit the Play store even if you want to publish it only on App Store; from the statistics in the Play store you will be able to see whether there is a market for your new app or not.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.