Discussion Forums  >  BT.com Website, Account Questions

Replies: 5    Views: 73

Mike the App Guy
Lost but trying
Reg: Sep 19, 2011
Birmingham, Ala...
02/04/13 07:45 PM (11 years ago)

New apps say 2.0 but create 1.0 apps, can't compile in Eclipse

I have a really weird problem. I've tried everything I know how to do to get this to work in Eclipse, and I'm just stuck. I even tried downloading the source code for an app I previously created to test this, and the app I previously created, I can compile and get to work fine, but new apps don't work. When I create a new app in my console, it goes through the motions of creating a 2.0 app, and i set my screens and do all my configurations. I can download source code, and everything says it's a 2.0 app, but, it won't compile in Eclipse, usually gets 20 or more errors. So, when I go back to my console, it says the app is a 1.0 app. Like I said, I tried downloading a 2.0 app I created earlier and compiling it, and it worked fine in Eclipse, so it's not my Eclipse setup. Any ideas on what this can be? Should I send a help email to David? I don't want to bug him too much though.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
02/04/13 08:16 PM (11 years ago)
It's a bit difficult to troubleshoot; not all of the facts are there. but first off; if it 'does' compile one BT app, and does not compile another, then I wouldn't bother David; doesn't sound like BT, at least, not yet. Can you confirm that you are creating the project in accordance with the installation.pdf? What errors in particular are you getting? Does it get far enough to log anything? I'm still not sure about the '1.0/2.0' thing. Typically 'we' set the version, so could you be a little more descriptive? Cheers! -- Smug

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
02/04/13 08:44 PM (11 years ago)
Are you getting the 1.0 number from your BT_Config.txt file? If so, that's related to Live/Design mode, and doesn't really have anything to do with what version of buzztouch you are using. It's to help you keep track of what version of your app is in Live mode (if you want to use that). So, on to Eclipse issues. What sorts of errors are you getting exactly? That'll help us a ton in debug. Mark

Mike the App Guy
Lost but trying
Birmingham, Ala...
02/04/13 08:47 PM (11 years ago)
Well, I think I have it fixed for now. I kept running the quick fix, got down from 21 to 5 errors and back up to 12. Then got it down to 2 errors, fixed them with "quick fix", and it compiled fine. I'm just hoping I can get this working without having to do this again! :)

Mike the App Guy
Lost but trying
Birmingham, Ala...
02/04/13 08:55 PM (11 years ago)
OK I figured out part of it, the 1.0 is just the "publish changes" setting, that part I have figured out. It's a v 2.0 app, just change 1.0 or a version 2.0 app. Now to see if I can get it to compile.....

Outbreak
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 30, 2011
Colorado
02/04/13 09:27 PM (11 years ago)
Is the version in the android manifest? That is just the version of the app, for instance when you upload it to the Google Play store. Did you put anything into the folders for the quiz? Looks like something was named wrong....

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.