Discussion Forums  >  Audio, Video, Playing, Recording

Replies: 3    Views: 1086

Rory
Apple Fan
Reg: Apr 18, 2013
Algemesí, VAle...
04/29/13 03:03 AM (11 years ago)

Vimeo url

Does anyone know how i can get an app I'm working on (my first) to auto load and play a video hosted on vimeo.com ... ? Vimeo supply me with a pretty standard url but when it is added it loads the vimeo page and the web page appears requiring the user to press play on the video thumbnail ... only then does it play full screen . I just need it to auto play full screen .... Any ideas for a total newbie would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Rory

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
04/29/13 10:56 AM (11 years ago)
I haven't worked with Vimeo much in the past, but I believe I remember seeing that Vimeo Plus users can get a direct link to the video file. If so, you should be able to feed the direct link into the AT53Video Player plugin on Buzztouch.

Rory
Apple Fan
Reg: Apr 18, 2013
Algemesí, VAle...
04/29/13 11:37 AM (11 years ago)
yep I'm trying with a vimeo plus account ...there is code for html which i use on iweb that allowsa auto play etc but not sure which type of screen to load that in ... thanks for the reply btw ... i have the at53 plugin but havent managed to get it to play anything online ... only files hosted in xcode... I´ll have a nother go tomrrow Thanks a again ..

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
04/29/13 12:50 PM (11 years ago)
okay - yeah you need to get what should be called a "direct link" - basically it links to the .mp4/.mov/etc file itself, not to some embedded online video player. The link should look something like: http://www.vimeo.com/.../somemovie.mp4 If you load that url in your browser and it asks you to save it to the disk, or it shows a very basic player with no Vimeo branding around it, then it's probably what you need.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.