Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 5    Views: 111

mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
01/20/14 09:09 AM (10 years ago)

BT30 - Day 16 - Powerful Excel Script Mod for Self Hosted

BT30 is my personal project to contribute to buzztouch: https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?fid=2348BA49BA5737C92E3D9B5&tid=2348BA49BA5737C92E3D9B5 Day 16 - Powerful Excel Script Mod for Self Hosted ------------ DESCRIPTION ------------ First and foremost, I made this a while back, and it's fairly undocummented. You need to know basic database/php to make it work the way "you" want. If you know how to access phpmyadmin, know where to find the tables you want data from, and know how to enter database values into the php file, you should be OK. You can know 0 mysql or php, and still make it work by tinkering values. I can't offer support for this, sorry! That's why its free! What does it do? It grabs data from your Control Panel and turns it into a downloadable excel sheet. The mod right now is set that when you click the download link it will download the first, last name of all control panel users and email addresses. Looks like this after you click download: http://s14.postimg.org/lw6a22qdd/lookslikethis.png (I have 3 users in my control panel and those are the details) ------------ DOWNLOAD ------------ http://buzztouchmods.com/downloads/phpexcellmod.zip ------------ INSTRUCTIONS ------------ Unzip, upload phpexcel folder into root directory of site, not control panel. Edit excelmod.php to include your database details, some commenting inside should help you. Upload excelmod.php to root of your control panel folder (like BT-Server) Make a link to excelmod.php location in your Control Panel links so you can access it easy. Download and see excel sheet! ------------ NOTES ------------ This can be useful to grab a ton of the most up to date info from not only your control panel, but you can modify it to grab tables and data from plugins that store data into your control panel. For example: I have a plugin that lets users vote in a poll on my app, those votes get counted and saved into the control panel plugin table, including the user email address, name, and what they voted for. With this script, I can download all that user data with one click and it gives me an excel sheet with rows of nice sorted data. New download always includes most up-to-date data. Again, I made this for MY site, so some tinkering is required but I did my best for release. I CAN'T OFFER SUPPORT, WOULD BE TOO MUCH! THATS WHY ITS FREE! THIS IS A VERY POWERFUL MOD! VERY VERY POWERFUL! Hope someone is able to make use of it! David

LA
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 16, 2012
Jerseyville, IL
01/20/14 01:46 PM (10 years ago)
Thank you! LA

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
01/23/14 08:04 AM (10 years ago)
Nice tip! Next step is to give a tutorial on how that Vote plugin makes entries into the CP Database. :-) -- Niraj

mrDavid
BTMods.com
San Diego, CA
01/23/14 11:25 AM (10 years ago)
You mean nice mod! :) vote plugin was a private use plugin, but not sure if Chris is releasing it, otherwise showing integration between those two would do no good for others! David

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
01/23/14 02:23 PM (10 years ago)
Teach a man to fish and he will expand on that knowledge. In other words, showing how the mobile device updates control panel data is a great demo. Even if it is only within the context of Voting. This man will take that knowledge and expand it to other scenarios lightning quick! Many folks are asking for such capability. Let's start spreading that wisdom ... Perhaps on BuzzDay?! :-) A show-and-tell can start it. Then you can follow up at a later date on the "how". -- Niraj

mrDavid
BTMods.com
San Diego, CA
01/23/14 03:33 PM (10 years ago)
Sounds like a plan Niraj! See you very very soon! David

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.