Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 2    Views: 69

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 11, 2013
Lillington, NC
01/06/14 07:27 PM (10 years ago)

BT30 - Scratch Plugin Enhancements

How about those of us who bought or received the plugin free from MrVanBeveren have some fun and see how we can expand it together. I can test on simulator, and as soon as I signup at Apple can check out any changes on iPhone 5C. (notes are based upon running it 6.0 and 7.0 targets) For sake of clarity, using common terms 'Scratch Image' and 'Background Image' === Ideas for proposed enhancements ==================== Other ideas? I will update this list. 1) Support Landscape orientation on iPhone (at launch or in App after rotation). Current version only supports Portrait orientation. 2) URL support for Scratch Image - MrVanBeveren may already be thinking of adding? (Already supports URL for Background image.) 3) Shake to restore Scratch Image to original. Should only be available when not actively scratching off Foreground image. 4) A way to know when user has completely removed the Scratch image. So developer could then take an action. (Like display an alert message.) 5) Double the size of the Brush in code when running on Retina screen. === Fixes ==================== a) Currently (In simulator) iOS 7.0 - when scratching off the image and you go over the home icon at top of screen, the user will exit the Scratch screen losing what was done so far.

fusionsch
I hate code!
Reg: Dec 28, 2010
Montreux Switze...
01/07/14 02:35 AM (10 years ago)
I'm playing with it too (BTW: thanks, MrVanBeveren!) and I agree with you, it may be enhanced. It's fun as it is, but to 'really' use it we'd need a little more... Point 2, beware: even when both images are embedded in the app, time of a wink you see the background image before it is covered by the scratch image. URL support for Scratch Image would mean developing a delay function so as to hide the background image as long as the scratch image is not fully downloaded. Point 4, essential: full scratching of the image should trigger a function. An alert wouldn't be enough, should be the loading of a screen. Then the plugin could be used for rewards, vouchers, games, and so on... In this perspective, functionality of the Quiz Plugin is a good example. And to go even further: double tapping the scratch image (unscratched or partially scratched) could trigger a certain screen, and double tapping the fully scratched image could trigger another screen. Cheers Jack

Becky
I hate code!
Reg: Aug 08, 2012
NYC
01/10/14 02:35 PM (10 years ago)
I am currently making an app where I desperately need the scratch function to be saved until refreshed. I don't know a thing about code and this is the time where I wish I had the knowledge. With a few of the functions you two listed - this plugin could have endless possibilities, as long as you get creative in how you use it. In the app that I am creating, I need the user to be able to keep track, daily, of the amount of juice they are drinking. See screenshot. What are the possibilities of making this happen? Or, how could I go about making this happen? It's an instance where time is of essence… https://www.dropbox.com/s/y2b4j9lqlszb09h/Screen%20Shot%202014-01-09%20at%205.40.40%20PM.png

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.