Discussion Forums  >  Audio, Video, Playing, Recording

Replies: 2    Views: 149

allandriggers
Apple Fan
Reg: Dec 13, 2012
Knoxville, TN
05/23/13 01:23 PM (10 years ago)

AT53 Video player plugin

I can't get this pluging to work properly. I have copy and pasted the videos into my BT_Video folder in my app, but not quite sure what to put in the "video location" line in buzztouch, and what files i might need to import into my app, and where to import them too. Any one have any ideas? Thank Allan

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
05/23/13 01:54 PM (10 years ago)
You basically have two choices: 1) Include the video in the app 2) Keep the video on the web. With option 1, you would 'add' the video resource to your app like you would plugins, other images, etcetera. You just need type the video name (myvid.mov) in the video location part of your control panel. With option 2, you place the video resource in a publicly assessable location on the internet, and place the url (http://www.myserver.com/myvid.mov) in the location line. Remember, there is a difference between a 'cut and paste' and 'adding' a file to the project. A mere cut and paste will not let the app 'recognize' the availability of the resource. You need to 'add' the resource (regardless of type) to the app in accordance with these instructions: https://www.buzztouch.com/files/howtos/Adding_Files_To_A_Project_v1.0.pdf Cheers! -- Smug

MasonGranger
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 03, 2012
NYC
06/11/13 09:25 AM (10 years ago)
Regarding option 2.. is there anything more to it than that? I've tried placing the video url in the location line linked back to youtube and dropbox, both unsuccessfully. On both the iphone simulator and a physical device, it just says "loading..." for an infinite amount of time. From everything I've found, it should be as simple as putting the correct video url and the resource adding only applies to native video files, no? Am I missing something?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.