feraco
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 23, 2012
nyc
12/03/13 04:38 PM (10 years ago)

Scringo android 2.5.2 how to help

Hello all I have to say scringo has been my favorite sdk for a while i have been using it in over 20 of my apps. They just keep updating and making it better. They have agreat support team that has a great response time when you send them emails. Now it has been about 2 days now that i have been trying to install the new android scringo 2.5.2 into a buzztouch 3.0 android project. I followed all the instructions. I imported scringo, facebook and google play services into eclipse and made it a library to my project I added this code to the BT_host_activity.java https://www.buzztouch.com/applications110313/JA10A78FA19C7AAF85CAC2284/documents/btacthost%20copy.html I noticed in the new scringo android instalation that there is no scringo properties document to import. I noticed that there is no instruction for adding anything to the androidmanifest.xml file. Am i missing something should i add the old scringo xml code to my projects androidmanifest.xml. Any help would be appreciated

Joe Sprott
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 20, 2011
Melbourne, FL
12/03/13 05:06 PM (10 years ago)
@feraco reach out to sandeep I believe he has it workin. Joe

Ofer
Android Fan
Reg: Apr 06, 2013
Tel Aviv
12/04/13 02:45 AM (10 years ago)
Hi, did you try this one? http://docs.scringo.com/buzztouch/android-integration/ And by the way, it's not true that there's no need to use the scringo.properties (it's just optional, it's still my preferred method ;-) And the AndroidManifest.xml is merged using the manifest merger Ofer

feraco
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 23, 2012
nyc
12/04/13 05:26 AM (10 years ago)
Hey I finally got it! Ofer from scringo pointed out that I had a small typo in the bthostactvity.java the typo was these little arrows in my appid <rskJp3K9Jb3q6lqKhZAUc4p2WdRMiqrq>. After i removed those arrows i still had an error saying i needed to add this to my androidmnaifest.xml file. So i added this <meta-data android:name="com.google.android.gms.version" android:value="@integer/google_play_services_version" /> and now it works! thanks scringo again.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.