Discussion Forums  >  Suggestions, Ideas, Wish List

Replies: 6    Views: 287

redspider
Android Fan
Reg: Apr 03, 2015
The Dalles, OR
04/10/15 01:26 PM (9 years ago)

Organized Plugin Listings :)

Was just thinking how just a tiny bit of organization would really help the search for plugins. I say this after I have been "up and down the aisles" a ton of times in the plugin store and I keep finding things I didn't see before. Maybe there is a reason they are layed out as they are, if so forget I mentioned it but for the powers that be just as a simple end-luzer its tough finding things.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
04/10/15 02:04 PM (9 years ago)
Hi @redspider, it has always been like this for as long as I can remember. I use browser 'find' to search for things on that page now, but I agree it is a bit unwieldy.

ianJamesPiano
Code is Art
Reg: Feb 13, 2011
Palm Springs, C...
04/10/15 05:16 PM (9 years ago)
Hi redspider! Check out the latest Buzzcast if you can. David Book shares some ideas coming soon and a cool recap of Buzzcon 2015 https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=0953F5EE18CAA6F46625EEE Cheers and looking forward to your creations here on BT! Ian

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
04/10/15 05:55 PM (9 years ago)
It isn't far away. I have seen a draft. It sorts by a host of options and will be just what we all need.

aussiedra
Code is Art
Reg: Dec 25, 2010
Brisbane, Austr...
04/10/15 08:46 PM (9 years ago)
nice , much need :-)

bigPaul
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 08, 2013
Darwin
04/13/15 06:28 PM (9 years ago)
@redspider, mid last year amongst talk of a redesign I submitted the following idea of a simple tabbed listing. http://www.demmob.com.au/BT-server/bugtracker/pluginList.php I was hoping that someone in the loop at BT might have been able to connect it to the BT database so I wouldn't need to enter all the data into my own database. In the end I gave up on it as it was going to consume too much time cutting & pasting required info. It was also then that I had thought of an even simpler easier method of filtering the list! Use your Web Browser Bookmarks Bar! I already had a tab for Buzztouch that contained links to all things I use regarding BT. So I simply created a sub folder called plugins. Then I created three other sub folders in that one called: Dual OS, iOS Only & Android Only. Now whenever I view a new plugin, I simply bookmark it's page link into the relavent bookmark folder! Paul.

redspider
Android Fan
Reg: Apr 03, 2015
The Dalles, OR
04/15/15 04:02 PM (9 years ago)
Paul: Rock on. Thats a lot better than caveman searching. Since I am new here I have no idea who actuallu are the powers that be. Are we Borg or is there a chief? Whats it take to push little (BIG) things like this.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.