Discussion Forums  >  Config Data, JSON, App Refresh

Replies: 7    Views: 174

Antonios
Apple Fan
Reg: Feb 12, 2013
Korinthos, Gree...
03/20/13 05:45 PM (11 years ago)

mySQL question

I want to create an app with a web form,PHP code and a mySQL database so the user can input some info (like a client database). I want the mySQL database to get syncronized with the database I am having at my server (HOSTGATOR) whenever iphone is connected to internet. Is this able?

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
03/20/13 05:53 PM (11 years ago)
if you know what you're doing, yes. Here's how you would send a few form fields to an online php script: NSString *post =[NSString stringWithFormat:@"%@=%@&%@=%@&%@=%@",field1, value1, field2, value2, field3, value3]; NSData *postData = [post dataUsingEncoding:NSASCIIStringEncoding allowLossyConversion:YES]; NSString *postLength = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"%d", [postData length]]; NSMutableURLRequest *request = [[[NSMutableURLRequest alloc] init] autorelease]; [request setURL:phpScriptURL]; [request setHTTPMethod:@"POST"]; [request setValue:postLength forHTTPHeaderField:@"Content-Length"]; [request setValue:@"application/x-www-form-urlencoded" forHTTPHeaderField:@"Content-Type"]; [request setHTTPBody:postData]; NSError *error; NSURLResponse *response; NSData *urlData=[NSURLConnection sendSynchronousRequest:request returningResponse:&response error:&error]; NSString *data=[[NSString alloc]initWithData:urlData encoding:NSUTF8StringEncoding]; NSLog(@"%@", data);

Antonios
Apple Fan
Reg: Feb 12, 2013
Korinthos, Gree...
03/20/13 05:59 PM (11 years ago)
you are the best!!! when I have the app ready I'll post the results here.

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
03/20/13 06:00 PM (11 years ago)
happy to help :)

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/20/13 06:29 PM (11 years ago)
Nice stuff, Chris! Cheers! -- Smug

epicweb
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 30, 2012
Glen Carbon
03/20/13 09:22 PM (11 years ago)
Awesome share Chris... any idea on how to alert if internet connection is not available so that the user knows nothing is happening?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/20/13 10:31 PM (11 years ago)
I use this snippet in my app, with the assumption that 'google' is active... Reachability *r = [Reachability reachabilityWithHostName:@"m.google.com"]; NetworkStatus internetStatus = [r currentReachabilityStatus]; if(internetStatus == NotReachable){ NSLog(@"There's no connection"); UIAlertView *errorAlertView = [[UIAlertView alloc] initWithTitle:@"No internet connection" message:@"Internet connection is required to use this app" delegate:nil cancelButtonTitle:@"OK" otherButtonTitles:nil]; [errorAlertView show]; }else NSLog(@"Internet connection is OK"); } I place this is my "appDidFinishLaunching" code, but if you're just worried about a particular plugin, you can put it in the "viewDidLoad" method, with pretty much the same results. I don't think I had to add any imports or anything... Let me know if it weirds out on you. Cheers! -- Smug

epicweb
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 30, 2012
Glen Carbon
03/21/13 06:14 AM (11 years ago)
Thank you Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.