Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 6    Views: 85

Dabbers
Lost but trying
Reg: Apr 05, 2014
Chachoengsao
04/09/14 06:42 AM (10 years ago)

Interactive Quiz Questions

Hi All, I don't know anything about coding, so I was wondering if anyone might be able to answer a couple questions about using the Interactive Quiz program before I spend lots of hours trying to figure everything out about the BuzzTouch system and this particular plugin. The first issue is whether I'll be able to insert a number of quizzes into the app and then link to each quiz with a navigation button from the home page of the app? The 2nd issue deals with the nature of my quiz project. My quiz project involves reading passages which will range from 100 words up to 750 words followed by multiple choice questions based on the material which the user has just read in the passage. I've had a brief look the the plugin and I'm not sure if this will be possible based on what I see there. Does anyone know if I might be able to customize the plugin some to make my quiz project work? Many thanks for any feedback. Best....D

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
04/09/14 06:56 AM (10 years ago)
Hi, and welcome to Buzztouch! A lot of us here love to code, and even more of us don't, so feel right at home anywhere you like, there's room for you on almost any couch. :) Answer #1 Oh yes. No problem. Use a 'menu' screen (several to choose from) and 'link' your quiz from there. Easy Peasy. Answer #2 You know, I really couldn't say. All of my quizzes were the usual 1 line answer stuff. But the quiz is a fairly popular plugin, so hopefully someone will be able to chime in with a definitive answer. Cheers! -- Smug

Dabbers
Lost but trying
Chachoengsao
04/09/14 07:01 AM (10 years ago)
Many thanks for the welcome Smug! And thanks for an answer to #1. Look forward to hopefully hearing an answer from someone regarding #2. Cheers....D

Masons App Design
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 06, 2013
Andrews, TX
04/09/14 07:22 AM (10 years ago)
Welcome @dabbers to BT. Smug hit the nail on the head with answer one. As far as your question #2. I am not sure if there is a word limit but based on my experience if the question or answer is to long the device will cut off parts of words or sentences. Now with that being said you can probably tweak the code so it will scroll side to side to see the entire thing.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
04/09/14 10:30 AM (10 years ago)
Hi @Dabbers, I've just used the quiz plugin for something. I found you can fit more test in by adjusting the font sizes for the questions and answers to a certain extent. However, I think the design of the user interface isn't designed for 750 word questions on smaller devices like iPhones. That a lot of question! My suggestion is you make up 3 question quiz as an experiment and as a way of getting to grips with buzztouch and see what you think. Cheers, Alan

Dabbers
Lost but trying
Chachoengsao
04/09/14 03:17 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks for the feedback MAD and Alan. Does anyone happen to know if the user interface accepts any kind code for a line break when inserting the question? Because I would need to insert the passage followed question in the question box, and there would need to be two line breaks between the passage and the question. Thanks for the help....D

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
04/09/14 03:42 PM (10 years ago)
I think you can use a "\n" as a line break in your text, but I could be very mistaken, and it would need to be checked to ensure accuracy. Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.