Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 3    Views: 178

Jim
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 31, 2015
Surprise
04/05/15 09:48 PM (9 years ago)

When trying to install self-hosting, This is a 500 error message generated

This is the first time I have encountered this message being generated on my server. The files have been unzipped and uploaded to a Centros server. When the http://www.xxxxxx.com/BTserver/install/index.php is entered into the URL window, the error message "This is a 500 error" is generated. I look at the php error log and nothing was being generated to this error. The ownership of the directories as well as the permissions seem all to be correct. As I thought it possible that my server environment may be a problem, I looked for a list providing the required environment for Buzztouch but was unable to find one. Any ideas or suggestions would be welcomed. Jim

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
04/06/15 10:18 AM (9 years ago)
Hmm... 500 is typically a server side error. But what causes it in this instance could be anything, lol! Welcome to Buzztouch, by the way! Sorry you're having issues. The BT Self Hosted Control Panel (BT Central in newspeak) is similar to other common 'cms' packages such a joomla and wordpress. All you really need is PHP, MySQL, and a little patience. Make sure all of the files have 755 for their permissions. If this is the first time installing, you want to make sure that your 'config.php' file is complete. It does 'not' fill everything out during the install process; you have to open it and edit a few things after the install is finshed. file paths and site URLs are a biggie; they must be correct, or things will 'almost' work, but never really do. All of that is in your config.php file located in the 'root' of your self hosted install. Take a look at that, and fill in any blanks or incorrect information, and give it another shot. If you still have problems, stop back and let us know where it stands; someone should be able to help out. Cheers! -- Smug

mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
04/06/15 04:21 PM (9 years ago)
Seen this lots of times. Contact your host if all else fails, 500 server error is a great excuse for you to say it's them and for them to have to look into it ;-) Best of luck, and let us know what happens. David.

Jim
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 31, 2015
Surprise
04/15/15 12:09 PM (9 years ago)
Thanks for you advice! Will take a look and see what I can find. And I look forward to providing some value to BuzzTouch when I can. Am busy with servers, customers, and various other things that make it difficult to spend time on BuzzTouch right now, unfortunately! Cheers, Jim

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.