schneuz
Lost but trying
Reg: May 20, 2013
Werner Radler
02/08/14 02:53 AM (10 years ago)

Button color

Question from a newbie: How can I change the button colors from single color to gradients, i.e. in interactive quiz? There is only the option to choose one color. Thanks for answers!

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
02/08/14 06:59 AM (10 years ago)
Welcome to Buzztouch! I hope you find yourself getting comfortable soon! It's a great environment for everyone regardless of experience. The answer to your question is a bit more than just a quick answer. Not sure if you want iOS or Android or both. In addition, depending on the 'object' (Button, text field, image, whatever) the way to change the color will differ enough to not be the same in many situations. in iOS the buttons are actually a label used as a custom view for the buttons. You can find the code around line 840 of 'BT_viewUtilities.m' in Android the button colors can 'primarily' be found in BT_screen_quiz.java around line 172 or so (BTv3 code). Hope this helps. Don't forget there is a lot of info in the BTU videos, on Youtube and in the 'How To' section of the website. But if those create more questions than answers, don't hesitate to come to the forums and post them. We all started once, and you don't know until you know. Cheers! -- Smug

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
02/08/14 08:59 PM (10 years ago)
I've done some work on the quiz plugin recently. Are you working with iOS or Android? Gradients certainly aren't as easy as a solid background color, but not impossible either. I'll take another look to see what can be done. Will probably be tomorrow.

schneuz
Lost but trying
Werner Radler
02/08/14 11:55 PM (10 years ago)
That would be great! I'm working with both, but at first I prefer IOS. Thanks a lot.

schneuz
Lost but trying
Werner Radler
02/09/14 01:41 AM (10 years ago)
That would be great! I'm working with both, but at first I prefer IOS. Thanks a lot.

schneuz
Lost but trying
Werner Radler
02/09/14 02:09 AM (10 years ago)
Sorry, I refreshed the screen and so this post occurs three times.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.