NCbuzz
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 11, 2013
Lillington, NC
03/21/14 11:33 PM (10 years ago)

Scringo Button in NavBar - options

EDITED: Made a more generic request (that others could use) here: https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=F527B64B011B1409F3046A9&sortColumn=FT.id&sortUpDown=DESC&currentPage=1 ============================================================= Have been trying most of the combinations tonight for all of the various ways to open the scringo menu. read so many threads hard to remember who to credit ;) Last one I have in the App is with the Scringo button in the Nav bar on either the right or left. It works OK, but would like to enhance it... self.navigationItem.rightBarButtonItem = [ScringoAgent scringoActivationBarItem]; Here is my question: Is there a way to know when the user taps on the Scringo button in the Navbar? I would like to add some additional code. Might just be too late, but I am thinking that is not an option, and I would need to add my own button. The following code works for placing text in the NavBar to open Scringo. But I do not know how to add an image to it. That would probably be the best solution but can't find info anywhere. Need help on how to add an image for button when using UIBarButtonItem... //Add a Scringo button to Nav Bar - can be left or right //self.navigationItem.rightBarButtonItem = [ScringoAgent scringoActivationBarItem]; // or // this approach uses text, but would like to include a button image UIBarButtonItem *rightScringoButton = [[UIBarButtonItem alloc] initWithTitle:@"Social" style:UIBarButtonItemStylePlain target:self action:@selector(tryScringo)]; [self.navigationItem setRightBarButtonItem:rightScringoButton]; } //Direct call to Scringo- used with UIBarButtonItem // Note: can NOT be used with addSidebar:toLeft because it animates from bottom of screen up -(void) tryScringo{ [Scringo openMenuWithNavigationController:nil withScringoNavControllerEnabled:YES]; // could add the rest of my code here } Thanks

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
03/23/14 06:50 AM (10 years ago)
Nice job NC. Also, since you were asking about Chris1's tabbar utility yesterday, I have the modified code to use one of the tabbar utility's tabs to launch Scringo as well if you are interested. I have it set to launch the full screen version of scringo instead of the sidebar version when the tab is tapped, and it works perfectly in my app. Just let me know if need the code

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 11, 2013
Lillington, NC
03/23/14 07:03 PM (10 years ago)
That would be cool to see. Today I added a custom right NavBar icon (not the Scringo one that uses the left-swipe)that launches Scringo menu screen. Pretty happy with that, but would also be nice to have TabBar option. I had tried launching from a standard TabBar through a Blank screen as suggested, however when returning from Scringo it sent the user to the blank screen. Thanks

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
03/23/14 08:22 PM (10 years ago)
Continuing on using the blank screen plugin ... Use the viewWillAppear method to bop out of there via [self leftTap] Don't quote me on the exact syntax. Memory lapse prevailed.

trouty
I hate code!
Reg: Mar 26, 2013
London Outskirt...
05/05/14 04:25 AM (10 years ago)
I'm trying to make a button (buzz carousel) launch Scringo sidebar. Would any of this translate to what im trying to achieve?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.