Discussion Forums  >  iOS / Android Beta Testers

Replies: 4    Views: 251

KozmoWeb
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 08, 2012
Sarasota, FL
02/26/14 10:00 AM (10 years ago)

Apple bought TestFlight, dropping Android support

Hi Everyone, I just saw this: TestFlight Owner Burstly Acquired By Apple http://techcrunch.com/2014/02/21/rumor-testflight-owner-burstly-is-being-acquired-by-apple/ I've been trying it out for iOS and it works great. Since they're dropping Android support now I'm wondering what an option for Android would be in the future. Anyone have other options? Thanks! William

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
02/26/14 10:03 AM (10 years ago)
Hi William, Getting people to test an Android app is as easy as sending out the apk file to your testers, or making it available via some other means like DropBox or a web link. I don't know if TestFlight provides features other than delivery of the app (like statistics or something), but for straight up making the app available to testers, it's super simple with Android. Mark

KozmoWeb
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 08, 2012
Sarasota, FL
02/26/14 10:09 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks Mark, Just starting with Android development and it's great to hear it's easy to get the test apps to people. Apple's system with device IDs for approved devices could cause confusion with some of the less sophisticated clients I've worked with. TestFlight helped make the installs easier. Best, William

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
02/26/14 01:47 PM (10 years ago)
Yep - that's the one thing I like better about Android than Apple. But, not sure we really want third-party app stores out there for Apple anyway. As much as we hate the quality control process, it does keep the quality of the store pretty high. I suspect that's one of the reasons why people spend a lot more money on apps than they do at Google Play.

nadthevlad
Code is Art
Reg: Jun 07, 2012
Denver
02/26/14 04:41 PM (10 years ago)
gonna try this next http://ubertesters.com/

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.