Discussion Forums  >  Introduce Yourself

Replies: 5    Views: 122

KevinPerry
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 10, 2012
Wisconsin, USA
07/27/14 01:15 PM (9 years ago)

I am back and looking for Self Server upgrade pointers

Hello all, Well I am back, after about a 2 year divorce, but that is history, time to catch up here. I had been running the self server (1.4/1.5) and I see things have changed quite a bit while I was gone. So I am looking for pointers on what would be my best plan of attack to get back into the current version (3.x) of the self server and try and salvage what I had for apps, way back then (at least they were pretty simple over-all). Any good how-tos or anything, what in the database would be preserved (users etc), what would be lost, The API Key brings up another subject, upgrades / membership or such was just rolling out ... so now what do I need to know, etc. etc. I guess I am just looking for any, or as much, information before I wipe it all (after a backup) and start out from scratch again. Thanks in advance for any replies or messages and it is good to be back. Hope to have updated apps as soon as I can and I have plans for a few more in the near future (unfortunately small market area though). Kevin

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
07/28/14 07:20 AM (9 years ago)
Welcome back, Kevin! Remember to save your app-specific files, such as images, etc. -- Niraj

Ed Goodall
Fusion Technology
Reg: Oct 01, 2011
Wiltshire, UK
07/30/14 11:11 AM (9 years ago)
Backup all the files in the FTP server and overwrite with new software. Then restore the files directory etc. Ed

KevinPerry
Android Fan
Wisconsin, USA
07/30/14 04:31 PM (9 years ago)
Well made a complete backup ... physical files and SQL database ... Glad I did. Copied the new version, did the upgrade and lost my API Key :-( Went back to the old setup again. Now I can still work on the apps. Any idea people?

Ed Goodall
Fusion Technology
Reg: Oct 01, 2011
Wiltshire, UK
07/30/14 11:40 PM (9 years ago)
Can you find it in your old config.php?

KevinPerry
Android Fan
Wisconsin, USA
07/31/14 07:58 AM (9 years ago)
I think the issue is being taken care of by the BT team. My account is from back before any kind of membership at all, so I think that is where it stems from. Thank you all for the replies

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.