Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 21    Views: 75

Nicks App
Code is Art
Reg: May 21, 2014
Las Vegas
07/02/14 06:16 PM (9 years ago)

Should I plod ahead despite those discrepancies?

I've been working on the data for my Map App, while trying to get member discussion about discrepancies I have found in Self Hosted 3.0. https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=74143DFEEADE8FE1DCE4A3F&sortColumn=FT.id&sortUpDown=DESC&currentPage=1 I'm at the point where I would like to start offering the Android App on my own, then do the App Store and Google and Amazon marketplaces submission processes. I'm concerned about the discrepancies I have found. (Menu Simple) Clear rows in Android, when they should be solid back, and (Location Map) pulsating black dot for current location in iOS, while iPhone maps have had pulsating blue dots for 7 years. I've read here that Apple is a stickler for user interface experience. I'm concerned that after 3-4 weeks, no answers have been found. If I can't have solid black rows in Android, should I just forget about them in iOS as well?? And just have black text on a background that allows readability?? If it is a Self Hosted 3.0 problem, as alluded to by a couple of other member's topics, who use much stronger language about 3.0 than I have (or would, because I'm still at the "discrepancy point), should I try Self Hosted 2.0, or regular 3.0 from the BT webpage? There is a significant about of work in doing multiple exports, and all of the processes in Eclipse and Xcode... and keeping the versions separate with (Eclipse) keystore. What is everyone else doing? Or is no one else doing Menu Simple or Location Map, Self Hosted 3.0? Suggestions have been made to dump Menu Simple and buy a PlugIn that looks like it can do the basics of it, and then things that are beyond my vision for a menu. To me, that is a "work around" and an admission that Menu Simple doesn't work. I'd prefer to think something simple was overlooked, or something is causing a conflict. But what about Location Map? I like it, even with the pulsating black dot! I'd like to expand upon the callout bubble, and add a couple of other PlugIns to that callout bubble menu... Even though I enjoy piecing javascript code together, we members might need a bit more of a reference regarding the structure of action pages/scripts, and "m" and "h" files.

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
07/02/14 06:39 PM (9 years ago)
You should keep pushing.I havent really had that much time to look into it but these look like they can help. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12859611/changing-pin-color-mkmapview You can manually change background in menu_list_rowsimple.xml and screen_menulistsimple.xml

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
07/02/14 06:55 PM (9 years ago)
Hi CMCOFFEE... I haven't found the first file (menu_list_rowsimple.xml). The second is (screen_menulistsimple.xml): <RelativeLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" android:id="@+id/containerView" android:background="@android:color/transparent" android:padding="0dip" android:layout_margin="0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content"> <ListView xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" android:id="@+id/listView" android:background="@android:color/transparent" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:cacheColorHint="@android:color/transparent" android:choiceMode="singleChoice" android:layout_weight="1" android:scrollbars="none"> </ListView> <View android:id="@+id/listViewEnd" android:background="#00ff00" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="1dp" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" android:layout_alignParentRight="true" android:layout_below="@+id/listView"> </View> </RelativeLayout>

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
07/02/14 07:02 PM (9 years ago)
In menuListSample.java > listRowBackgroundColor: String listStyle = ""; String preventAllScrolling = ""; String listBackgroundColor = ""; String listRowBackgroundColor = "#000000"; String listRowSelectionStyle = ""; String listTitleFontColor = "#FFFF33"; String listRowSeparatorColor = ""; Font color in the Simulator and Device is correct, row color clear, on return blue.

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
07/02/14 07:08 PM (9 years ago)
I haven't found any files related to Location Map. Your reference to SOF, is about map market pins. My concern is the "current location" pulsating dot. two different things. I am open to having a member here test my App if you'd like. I can create a custom address book of locations to suit you.

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
07/02/14 07:11 PM (9 years ago)
Is menu_list_rowsimple.xml a file that is missing with Self Hosted 3.0. Can I add it manually?

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
07/03/14 02:15 AM (9 years ago)
Hi Nicks App You've posted for this menu simple problem several times; it triggered something in my memory (eventually). If you search the forums for "menu simple" or "clear", you will find that the problem was introduced with ios 7 and the fix for menu simple has indeed been published, but for some reason, the plugin has not been updated. Search for " cell SetBackgroundView: " in the BT_screen_menuListSimple.m file (which is line 335 in my project) Add this line of code immediately after it : if([[BT_strings getStyleValueForScreen:[self screenData] nameOfProperty:@"listRowBackgroundColor" defaultValue:@""] isEqualToString:(@"clear")] ){ [cell setBackgroundColor:[UIColor clearColor]]; } Remember to use "clear" as Row Background Color in Control Panel. I believe this plug-in is still managed by David Book, hopefully the fix will be implemented in the next BT release? Alan

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
07/03/14 08:43 AM (9 years ago)
Thanks Alan. I'll be on to your fix in a minute. However, GREAT NEWS on the iOS 7 Current Location pulsing BLACK dot!! Chris1 diagnosed it, and I implemented his fix!! Take a look at the appDelegate file. Somewhere around line 137 you should see: //the window tint color affects built in iOS7 icons in the navigation bar... if(floor(NSFoundationVersionNumber) > NSFoundationVersionNumber_iOS_6_1){ self.window.tintColor = [BT_color getColorFromHexString:@"#000000"]; } This has the effect of making all things that normally appear as the standard 'blue' color to be black. I changed #000000 to #6699FF. My pulsing BLACK dot is now BLUE! Not as shiny a blue as iOS native maps, but a BLUE. I will keep trying different Hex blues, until I get a closer match - but I will work on Alan's Android fix FIRST! Happy Red, White and BLUE Holiday Weekend here in America!! I do miss being in the United Kingdom, really and virtually. Especially Anglesey Wales, and Liverpool, my ancestral homelands. Thanks Alan for being Brit!

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
07/03/14 08:56 AM (9 years ago)
Hi Alan - But the error is in Android. I'm using the code to set the row color as solid black. iOS 7 is fine with it, Android is clear (clear blue) on return. I don't want iOS 7 to be clear, I want both to be solid black.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
07/03/14 09:03 AM (9 years ago)
I gave you the right answer, but it was to the wrong question lol!

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
07/03/14 09:03 AM (9 years ago)
In my Map App, Core with Menu Simple and Location Map PlugIns, there are 29 Deprecation errors, caused since 7.0. I, too, wish those Core items could be addressed. The same package in Xcode 6 Beta has a FATAL error. (Which I didn't copy and save!). The Clean and Build succeed. The Simulator works fine. But on the phone, after the launch icon appears, it has a "DYYD" something fatal error. It scares me to try to re-create it. But, it happened a month ago as well, and I stopped using Xcode 6 Beta,

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
07/03/14 09:05 AM (9 years ago)
Hi Alan - It was a great answer... now to find the fix for Android.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
07/03/14 09:08 AM (9 years ago)
I just did a quick experiment for you, I noticed that if you set the list background colour in android, it has the same effect as setting the row background in ios.

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
07/03/14 09:09 AM (9 years ago)
--

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
07/03/14 09:09 AM (9 years ago)
Not sure if that helps you though if you use the same control panel for android and ios

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
07/03/14 09:14 AM (9 years ago)
Yes, I do. "itemType": "BT_screen_menuListSimple", "itemNickname": "Main", "navBarTitleText": "Main", "listRowBackgroundColor": "#000000", "listTitleFontColor": "#FFFF33", "listRowSelectionStyle": "none", In iOS 7, rows are solid black, gold letters. Android, clear (clear blue on return), gold letters.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
07/03/14 09:20 AM (9 years ago)
I was suggesting "listBackgroundColor": "#000000",

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
07/03/14 09:33 AM (9 years ago)
IT WORKED!!! YOU WERE RIGHT!!!

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
07/03/14 09:48 AM (9 years ago)
It worked for Android. HOORAY, there is a way to have solid black rows. It broke iOS 7. "listBackgroundColor": "#000000", makes solid black rows, and the background shows through, in Android. "listBackgroundColor": "#000000", makes solid black rows, and solid black background in iOS 7. "listRowBackgroundColor": "#000000", makes solid black rows, and the background shows through, in iOS 7. I tried doing BOTH, "listRowBackgroundColor":"#000000", "listBackgroundColor":"#000000", but iOS 7 didn't like it. I haven't tried the ORDER of the two commands, to see if they can coexist, if I switch them to "listBackgroundColor":"#000000", "listRowBackgroundColor":"#000000",

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
07/03/14 09:56 AM (9 years ago)
It is an imperfect world. At the risk of sounding like a scratched record, a different plugin that does the job for a $3.99 investment is worth thinking about.

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
07/03/14 10:31 AM (9 years ago)
Yes. But it is David's App(s). And it is a disservice to David's legacy at BT to have an App of his "not" work, over time, and treading water over changes in Android and iOS. In public opinion, one is remembered for what went wrong, more so than what went right. I want to remember BT for what goes right. And swatting down these two "bugs" or discrepancies, is worthwhile for all members' future use of BT Core. It is also telling who had the right answers, partial answers, and who (in other threads) tried to dismiss them.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
07/03/14 11:47 AM (9 years ago)
Glad you are sorted.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.