Discussion Forums  >  BT.com Website, Account Questions

Replies: 4    Views: 100

sonny1277
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 16, 2011
ny
01/31/13 06:23 PM (11 years ago)

Account question

I have been on buzz touch for a very long time.i had always loved it.i am curious as to why my account says guest and when I click on join us it now wants to charge me $49.i have been here through many changes and always had the grandfathered in status.is this all being taken away now?i already have apps in my control panel and I also have self hosted to.any info on this would be great!

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
01/31/13 06:53 PM (11 years ago)
Hi Sonny! You're still grandfathered in. There has been a change in the Buzztouch business model. There is a bit of a discussion on it, but the bottom line is that you're still good. Before there were 'levels' of membership, one of them being free, and the others on a 'tiered' pricing structure. That has been changed... The 'Artist previously known as a Buzztouch Free Member' is now a 'Buzztouch Guest'. Membership has gone from 'tiered' membership level to a single (lower priced) membership structure. Your apps haven't gone anywhere; don't turn off your self hosted server either, it still works! If your login doesn't work, you may want to contact a BT Admin to assist you, but your hard work is still churning. Cheers! -- Smug

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
01/31/13 11:44 PM (11 years ago)
@sonny1277: Yup...@Smug's right, nothing's changed as it related to your account. You're still appreciated, you're still able to do everything you did before. I verified that you still have a valid API key (two actually). I verified that you can still make up to 50 apps. You deserve these grandfathered in benefits and we're happy to provide them :-) d.

woronczak
I hate code!
Reg: Feb 29, 2012
Melbourne, Aust...
02/26/13 07:25 PM (11 years ago)
Hi there. I am in the same situation as sonny1277, however am having some other issues. I have had a self hosted server (and hence API) for a few years. I updated the server to 2.1.8 and it wouldn't let me download the source code for my apps (says is invalid JSON, but on testing is fine). I checked the API settings and on the self hosted section of buzztouch.com and it states that I have no self hosted servers set up (and I can't get my API key)

woronczak
I hate code!
Reg: Feb 29, 2012
Melbourne, Aust...
02/26/13 07:34 PM (11 years ago)
Update - I managed to find my API settings from the database on my server, so I can download source code now. Still on buzztouch.com, it shows that I have no self hosted servers when I obviously do... Thanks in advance for your help

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.