Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 22    Views: 105

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
12/01/14 02:50 AM (9 years ago)

Plugin Request - loyalty plugin

It was suggested in a different post to start new thread on plugins we want designed, if enough of us would want a specific plugin designed and put into a kitty to help a developer design it, My request is for a loyalty screen plugin, don't mind if it either qr code or password driven, gor feeling it might need mysql back end, to remember what phones and what screens each loyalty needs, heres couple of screenshots of what i mean. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1d9emh2jnvrlbqg/AAAdcAPWFAKIcCZ7qkAYQinna?dl=0

Intrege
Veteran developer
Reg: Sep 12, 2011
Philadelphia, P...
12/01/14 05:07 AM (9 years ago)
I second this. This plugin would be great. I would love to pitch in monetarily.

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
12/01/14 10:01 AM (9 years ago)
It was in this thread that I proposed "crowd sourcing" of needed plugins: https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=10F7FC237169675094756D8 Here is the digest about the loyalty plugin so far: @funkymonkey The loyalty card needs to be scan qr, then it would take you to next screen , which would consist of maybe 5 screens ie 1 star or whatever being added per screen. (screens designed by the plugin buyer)the phone would need to remember which screen is next, ie 1 star, 2 stars, if you could use the same qr code great, but different qrs for diff screens is fine @Dusko So the customer comes five times into the restaurant, scans the card each time, and in the end gets rewarded. This begs the question, how will the restaurant know about it, i.e. where does the app sends the number of scans? Seems there should be some kind of server solution for the restaurant -- who supplies that? Who in the restaurant takes care of the scanned cards? So, one thing would be to create an app to scan and send, the other would be to create the server software to count the scans, supervised by the personnel of the restaurant. How is the customer recognized by the restaurant? Would a customer need to login somehow in order to send the scan? Meaning, they would have to become a member of some kind, right? --- Also, Niraj is supposed to add his own twist about the loyalty plugin. --- Further suggestions are welcome!

Dusko
Veteran developer
Beograd
12/01/14 12:40 PM (9 years ago)
Now, to the business of creating a plugin! In order to create the plugin for apps, I first need to know what the restaurant owner wants to know: -- customer identification of a kind, -- how many times do they need to buy something in the restaurant in order to get bonus, -- what the bonuses are -- reduced price, a bottle of wine, flowers for the special occasion... The server side of the app should also be able to recognize the owner of the restaurant, so it must contain at least rudimentary qualities of a membership site. (Actually, there are two membership sites, one for the owners, the other for the customers.) Should the restaurant owner have their own app for all this? Or, should they be able to go to their server through a laptop or desktop computer? Or both? The customer of the restaurant and the user of the app must have their own reports: -- the dates -- how many "stars" they need to reach the next reward, -- how many rewards did they get so far, -- what each of these rewards precisely were ("Argh, not again a bottle of gin tonic!") Something like that, I believe. If you think more data should be present in the reports, please say so, now is the right time.

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
blackpool
12/02/14 06:48 AM (9 years ago)
I think you could simplify the app, by just having 5 stars,(screens) then whatever business you where designing it for, could change the offer to whatever they where offering, or maybe allow the app designer access to the 5 images, (screens) then they could change it to suit, the report side could be whatever it could be, no need to get in depth, the most important thing is the security involved,

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
blackpool
12/02/14 06:53 AM (9 years ago)
oh and it could be password or qr screen , whichever is easier to design

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
12/03/14 10:49 PM (9 years ago)
My thoughts as a follow-up to the screen mockups shown by Sean. ------------ KEEPING IT SIMPLE ----------- This approach uses the BuzzTouch Control Panel to set the Loyalty Parameters and the mobile app is simply a fancy scanner and counter. I am assuming the mobile app belongs to a single business, such as a pizza place, a barber, a dry cleaner, a taxi driver, etc. The mobile app is not meant to be shared among multiple businesses. Each business will have its own unique mobile app. Each business will have its own BT Control Panel. The end result is simple. The control will be in the hands of the business owner. At the cash register, they control the physical QR Code to be scanned. Only with cooperation from the business owner, can the User scan the real QR code. That will stop the possibility of multiple scans on a consecutive basis. ----------- HOW IT WILL WORK ----------- With permission from Chris1, start with the existing QR plugin. It will get modified in these ways. The plugin will scan the QRcode and recognize only a specified number, a Loyalty Code. That LC is specified on the BuzzTouch Control Panel. Each time the Loyalty Code is scanned, the plugin bumps up an internal counter. Which then indexes into a series of pictures provided by the Control Panel. The corresponding image is then showed, such as the 3 of 5 stars to show progress to the Loyalty Reward. When the Loyalty Count equals the quantity of images or a max count, then the Reward image is shown on the screen. The owner of the store can then tap the image to be taken to a Clear the Loyalty count screen. Then the Clear action is asked again for confirmation. Then the Loyalty Count (internal counter) gets cleared. Then the next item displayed is Image 0, which shows the User has zero Loyalty Points. ---------- CONTROL PANEL ITEMS ---------- On the Control Panel, these items are specified: - Loyalty Code to be recognized - Max count of Loyalty Count - Image 0 of Loyalty Progress (no loyalty points yet) - Image 1 of Loyalty Progress - Image 2 of Loyalty Progress - Image N of Loyalty Progress - Image of Loyalty Reward How that sound? ----------- HOW TO GET STARTED ---------- On iOS, for another app, I have modified the QR plugin to save the set of items scanned and to clear that scanned list. With permission from Chris1, the QR plugin should be modified to use iOS 7/8 AVFoundation APIs for faster and stable scanning. Perhaps it's easier to make a new QR Plugin and then to spin-off a Loyalty plugin. Or all of that can just be a future improvement, the scanning works decently right now. -- Niraj

Dusko
Veteran developer
Beograd
12/03/14 11:01 PM (9 years ago)
Great, thank you Niraj, I'll get back later and add my own two cents for this.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Cerritos
12/03/14 11:16 PM (9 years ago)
Just waking up over there, are you Dusko? No wonder you need time to think .... :-) Time for me to go sleep. I am sure in 8-hours, you will have done your magic and published a new plugin onto the market! -- Niraj

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
blackpool
12/04/14 01:00 AM (9 years ago)
thats perfect hiraj, just what we need, it would have to be for android as well though, i know this means loads more work, but this would make it more valuable as the customer is gonna want it for both. cheers sean

Dusko
Veteran developer
Beograd
12/04/14 02:40 AM (9 years ago)
I have just purchased Chris1's QR Plugin, I have something to work with. It will be first available for Android. I am doing it today, so we'll see where will that lead us in the end of this day.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Cerritos
12/04/14 06:01 AM (9 years ago)
Dusko -- lets be nice with Chris1 and inform him of the intent to modify his plugin. I would get his permission. Otherwise, you should create your own QR plugin based on GitHub repositories. I know it's all open-source, which means the license allows modifications. Yet this community is based on courtesy and respect for each other. I have sent Chris1 an email to look at this post and for him to reply as a comment. -- Niraj

Dusko
Veteran developer
Beograd
12/04/14 06:30 AM (9 years ago)
> Dusko -- lets be nice with Chris1 and inform him of the intent to modify his plugin. I would get his permission. Yes, good idea, I will. However, I am not yet sure I will ever sell this plugin. Currently, I am doing it as fast as possible just to see how can I go within the 8 hours you "gave me" this morning, my time. There are several things that bother me about plugin market. I thought to save this for later, but now is as good time as any. 1) The nature of open source is not working for me, in this case. I have several plugins which are modifications of Susan's Menu with Image, David's Menu Simple, Chris'1 HTML Pro and so on; the modification is to add the ads to the plugins. Now, what bothers me is that I should sell both my code and theirs, without them getting any money in the process. For me, it would only be just to split the money with the plugin developer whose code I am using as a starting point; that kind of arrangement is not available now in the plugin market. 2) I am afraid of free support that I should be obliged to give to people who buy my code for 9.99 or 12.99 or whatever. If I have a new version, they should also get if for free, however large or small it was. That does not stimulate me to write new versions. 3) I cannot receive money through PayPal, which is the only option that Buzztouch now has for payouts. 4) IRS has started to take cuts of the money that I get through Amazon; that is a new development, it wasn't like that before. Whether it would be so in the case of Buzztouch, I do not know, but that is 30% and that is too much to give away just like that. In the meantime, Chris1 has got a new customer, me, which is good, I would imagine, for him. So... back to my mini hackatlon for today.

Dusko
Veteran developer
Beograd
12/04/14 06:33 AM (9 years ago)
In the meantime, working furiously, I created all the necessary fields in the plugin's control panel, together with mock-up images for the loyalty cards. Next, a duel with Eclipse.

Dusko
Veteran developer
Beograd
12/04/14 06:48 AM (9 years ago)
Sent a message to Chris1.

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
blackpool
12/04/14 07:08 AM (9 years ago)
talking from a plugin buyer, if you guys produce a plugin, thats adds value to my app, that i then sell on, and they work both in ios and android, i wouldnt have problem with paying small surcharge for updates, as bearing in mind the updates saves me time on development, plus it helps me have confidence when im buying the plugin, knowing the the developer is gonna keep his app updated, ive wasted bit money on plugins, that arnt updated, so are useless, i would rather spend money on an plugin that had a longer lifespan, than waste money on one thats expires because of no updates. have word with chris see if he can add an update button, with a value to it,

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Cerritos
12/04/14 07:28 AM (9 years ago)
Good points, Dusko! You can make new (and old) buyers of the Plugins to pay for significant improvements. Take old plugin off the market. Upload new plugin into market with same name and icon, at a higher price or same price. Explain in the ReadMe what happened. Be sure to call it Version 2, 3, ... If you can find a simple legal way for me to help you on receiving PayPal money, let me know. For me, it's easy enough to split the plugin money via PayPal. However, for you, it is very hard. I love your hackathon spirit! I smiled at the "duel with Eclipse", I don't like it much. When you get to iOS, let me know if you need a tip or help. I look forward to learning from your Android changes to the code. Go Dusko, go! :-) -- Niraj

ridgerock
Veteran developer
Reg: May 19, 2011
Louisville
01/29/15 02:49 PM (9 years ago)
I would purchase this as well.

Dusko
Veteran developer
Beograd
01/29/15 10:38 PM (9 years ago)
>I have a working Android version, contact me through PM here in forums or through the site http://duskosavic.com/blog/contact-dusko-savic/

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
blackpool
01/30/15 12:43 AM (9 years ago)
you going to make this for ios as well dusko :)

Dusko
Veteran developer
Beograd
01/30/15 01:08 AM (9 years ago)
>you going to make this for ios as well dusko :) Only if somebody pays me in advance, so that I can buy some Mac and iPhone hardware. (Currently I have none, but still can develop under Mac emulator; obviously, not the ideal state of affairs...)

Dusko
Veteran developer
Beograd
02/04/15 08:23 AM (9 years ago)
I now have a price for my plugins, that is $197 for 16 Android plugins. It is a fire sale, I am giving away all I have in order to break into iOS development. Obviously, I need Apple hardware so I sell all I have for one low price, hoping that the amount achieved will finally be sufficient to hop over the price barrier. The existing Android plugins that you would get for $197 are HTML Pro AdMob HTML Pro Menu With Image AdMob Menu Simple AdMob CM awlPro AdMob Custom URL AdMob HTML Doc AdMob Menu Buttons AdMob Customer Loyalty Share To Twitter Share To Facebook Share Menu Advanced Search Flexible MP3 Download and Play Interactive Customization of Menu Colors Splash Screen Flexible In the next few days, I shall be publishing detailed descriptions, technical guidance and supporting videos for all of these plugins on my site. 80% of these plugins are finished and working in apps, however, I need a few more days to produce documentation, so you would be getting the plugins as soon as they would be finished for shipping, in a matter of days. I am also writing a sales page, here: http://duskosavic.com/blog/android/android-plugins-firesale-make-money-with-admob-on-every-page-of-your-app/ In the end of the page you will also see the button to pay $197 through credit card or PayPal. However, as stated on the sales page, most of the plugins are ready but some need additional documentation. I shall deliver the plugins that are ready the same day or the next day after the payment, depending on the time difference, and will roll out the rest of the plugins in the fastest possible manner.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Cerritos
02/04/15 09:50 AM (9 years ago)
That's an innovative idea! I have it bookmarked, Dusko! -- Niraj

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.