SheriDee
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 23, 2011
location unknow...
11/20/13 06:09 PM (10 years ago)

How To: Image Protection

Wanted to open another thread to share a tool to help fight against the "bad" guys/girls. ----I need to first off make an apology..I tend to forget how many newcomers or old timers who just don't know the of services or tools are out there .... As we all know there are unfortunately people who like to take what is not theirs by either boldly stealing it or thinking innocently not knowing the rules. What ever the reason my tendency......when I hear over and over: I was robbed! I was robbed! I think to myself you left your front door open! you left your front door open! .. I tend to blurt things out thinking that EVERYONE has the same tools.....my bad.....big foo pah on my part....what I WANT to do now realizing my ignorance is to share what works for me...I hope this thread can point out some solutions that others use to help the community.....I am not sure about you but I have stumbled across too many forums that focus on the problems and not the solution So please understand that is where I am coming from....ok enough of that rant.---- ...As you can tell from my profile photo I have my business logo on my image...I am using a tool ---actually an app lately on most of my images i have watermarks and or meta tags to generate traffic back to me just in case a robber sneak through.... *******(DISCLAIMER: works only with apple- PhotoBulk: Watermark, Resize, Optimize and Rename By Eltima -not affiliate or lucky enough to own it) https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/photobulk-watermark-resize/id537211143 **** I absolutely LOVE this app! Not only you can watermark images but you can bulk resize making the pain in the neck launch images in ios 7 much easier....taking 100 images and resizing them all at once is a heck of a lot easier than one by one! It is my hopes that with the new plugin market that we get some security plugins for not only images but document. I would definitely be a buyer. Would love to hear if there is anything like this app in Google Play or online or any other great tips :) Thanks guys for listening! Happy creating! Sheri

Cakebit
Code is Art
Reg: Dec 15, 2010
In your local b...
11/20/13 06:21 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks Sheri! We call those "bad" guys "Tricky People"... Maybe we need a Buzztouch section on keeping your app from Tricky People :D JK All joking aside we need to be careful because this community is very friendly and appealing that we don't leave ourselves too vulnerable to intruders, (just keep the community innocence :).

mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
11/20/13 08:22 PM (10 years ago)
@Sheri all your posts are welcome. Thanks for showing us this neat little trick, I'm going to check it out for my future image projects!! Thanks for the share and thanks for being you. I am so so so stoked to meet you in a few months!!! David https://buzztouchmods.com/market

SheriDee
Code is Art
location unknow...
11/20/13 08:55 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks guys :)

farcat
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 27, 2012
France
11/21/13 02:53 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks for the share Sheri and for a sincere post. Let's call the bad guys "creatively and ethically challenged persons". We wouldn't want to offend anybody now, would we? I raise my glass to the honest hard working people of Buzztouch! A glass of milk that is - still breakfast time for me :) Cheers, Farcat

Peekay
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 05, 2013
London
11/21/13 03:10 AM (10 years ago)
Hey, And for all of those who want to save a bit of money - I spotted this: https://deals.macappware.com/sales/watermark-resize-optimize-your-photos-with-photobulk Photobulk for free! Enjoy, Paul

SheriDee
Code is Art
location unknow...
11/21/13 08:49 AM (10 years ago)
@FarCat TOOO FUNNY!!!! Paul Even better! THANKS!!!!!! Black friday sales here they come!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.