Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 4    Views: 62

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 11, 2013
Lillington, NC
04/18/14 07:04 AM (10 years ago)

Faded screen background image

Would like to display faded versions of an image in the background of a screen. However I do not want to store both the normal image and a faded version locally. (For example would use a faded version of the Splash image.) Is there a way to apply a fade (not alpha) to an image at runtime to a screen background image? Not a transition like on splash- it would simply appear already faded.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
04/18/14 07:48 AM (10 years ago)
when you say 'faded', you're not talking about a 'fade in/out' *effect*, right? just sort of a half there image that is somewhat translucent? You can set the alpha of the ImageView control to make the image translucent, or conversely, you could 'add' another view 'on top' of your image, make it a solid color, and set the alpha on *that* view instead… [cell.sw_backgroundView setAlpha:.5]; // <-- just as an example... This would only require one 'master' image. Cheers! -- Smug

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Lillington, NC
04/18/14 08:24 AM (10 years ago)
right on about the about the somewhat translucent It seems that alpha makes the images appear darker. - where I am looking to have an effect that looks similar to boosting Brightness (+50%) and reducing contrast (-50%) ----- Probably easiest to preprocess the image and save a second version. - there won't be to many. Just was thinking of the App size ;)

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
04/18/14 08:28 AM (10 years ago)
You might be looking for someone who is a bit better at the nuances of graphics than I am… I'm kind of a machete guy, not a scalpel guy ;) Cheers! -- Smug

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Lillington, NC
04/18/14 08:47 AM (10 years ago)
well... I was testing using the Spalsh PlugIn, and had left the screen background black rather than white. (forgot about that since my test image was a logo on a white background) So that is the reason it went darker when the alpha was decreased. Once I changed the screen background to white the alpha worked as expected on the image. - duh when the image is more transparent you see more of the background color ;)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.