Discussion Forums  >  Xcode, Errors, Installing, Configuring

Replies: 13    Views: 201

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
07/14/16 11:21 PM (7 years ago)

Hey Guys... I'mmmmmm Baccccck :)

Just took a small hiettis for the last year, as I've had some pretty complex medical issues that leave me in the emergency room more than lesslately. Is the plugin market kind of being ignored right now? If theres a want for it, I'm happy to satrt slinging out some cool complex plugins for BT, but just want to make sure I'm not patching a sinking ship., as these a very time consuming to put together. Just looks like things have settled down i but while I was away. If anyone needs a custom plugin, or would like to work on a JOINT VENTURE project with me, I have a few projects in mind... but don't want to put in the effort the the future of BT is looking bleek. Maybe David or some of the other founding members can chime in on this with some positive news. But if anyone wants to join forces, I've got 16 aoos under my belt, and specialize in graphic design. Looking for a partner that can work an API properly and hook it in when needed. So, on other thoughts... anyone looking for anything particular?

feraco
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 23, 2012
nyc
07/15/16 03:01 AM (7 years ago)
Pokemon has really made Augmented reality a craze. AR plug ins image recognition gps location face detection 3d objects

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Maine
07/15/16 05:11 AM (7 years ago)
Hmmm, great points Feraco. Although the AR plugins might be a bit difficult, theres always companion apps for the whole Pokemon stuff. Theres a million possibilities there. Maybe even something to generate hits/traffic/downloads by having advertisers/app owners offer the ability to offer special Pokemon related items, or at least somethings that could help in the cause. I'd have to bite the bullet and actually download and check out how Pokemon Go works on my device though first (swallow pride here, lol). Also, does anyone here in the US use Robinhood to trade stocks? (100% free trades, no commissions, fees or anything else). I have some huge ideas for BT to work with their API. Just not sure if there would be others here besides me that would use it since it's a very specific company.

nadthevlad
Code is Art
Reg: Jun 07, 2012
Denver
07/15/16 05:23 AM (7 years ago)
Plugin sales have been slower but there is still some demand there. As far as plugin devs a few people are still active and updating.

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Maine
07/15/16 05:25 AM (7 years ago)
Awesome, good to know. I knew BT couldn't just slip away quietly. :) And I just went to check my renewal date on BT... WHOA! When did membership prices quadruple?!?! I'm actually surprised to see that existing members are not grandfathered at the usual $49 annually that we've been paying for years. I could see a price increase, but almost 4X the original price???

feraco
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 23, 2012
nyc
07/15/16 05:56 AM (7 years ago)
Angry ninja How about creating some type of Socializing- forum- plug in or Plug ins using the facebook SDK

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Maine
07/15/16 07:17 AM (7 years ago)
Actually, the forum plugin is one in my plans. If you look at my universal studios app, there is a forum plugin already being utilized there that I created just for that app, and it has a full web interface as well for those users that want to use the forum on their desktops at times. I needed to do some heavy modifications specifically for my app at the time though, so it will actually be easier to start the forum plugin from scratch, but I've already done it once so it shouldn't be hard at all to re-do and re-package. As far as the Facebook SDK plugins... anything specific? I've created a private plugin for facebook login in the past (not using any of the existing Facebook login plugin stuff in the market), but this was in conjunction with PMSDanny's Wordpress user login running behind the scenes, so again it was heavily tailored to the slot machine game app I was using it for at the time and would have to be re-done, stripping out a bunch of the custom functionality. I have to admit, the combo of my facebook login with PMSDanny's Wordpress user login was REALLY slick. Anyone that registered in the app, or signed into the app using facebook, behind the scenes it would register them an account in a hidden wordpress site of my choice, where I could keep track of their details, game stats, prize redemptions, game play history, wins, losses, and anything else I wanted... 100% behind the scenes. The end user had no idea that Wordpress was even involved, it was simply for me to have easy desktop access to all of my game players info. This might be something to build off of, but I would have to work something out with PMSDanny first, as right now it requires BOTH of our plugins to shake hands with each other.

ceerup
Code is Art
Reg: Oct 10, 2011
New York City
07/15/16 08:23 AM (7 years ago)
there is so many possibilities with a plugin like the pokemon go app i agree. i have many ideas myself

KozmoWeb
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 08, 2012
Sarasota, FL
07/15/16 09:54 AM (7 years ago)
Would love to see plugins get some love! How are your older ones holding up with the new iOS versions? I've added a few but haven't used them recently.

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Maine
07/15/16 10:12 AM (7 years ago)
No issues at all with my existing plugins. Anytime there is an iOS released, I always test all of my plugins, and if there are ever any issues (rare), I pull the plugin until it's fixed and resubmitted. Almost all of my plugins were created out of necessity for my own personal apps, so I have apps in the app store using them all... if anything gets broken, it affects my apps as well, so I'm always on top of making sure compatibility is priority #1.

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
07/15/16 04:46 PM (7 years ago)
Welcome back! Ive added social features in apps for clients using firebase. It's pretty easy to build into a plugin

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 09, 2012
Upstate New Yor...
07/16/16 05:38 PM (7 years ago)
Nice to see you back Ninja!

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
07/16/16 08:03 PM (7 years ago)
Glad to see you appearing out of that tunnel. Go Ninja, go! :-) -- Niraj

KozmoWeb
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 08, 2012
Sarasota, FL
07/17/16 01:38 PM (7 years ago)
Happy to hear the good news on your plugins! I really appreciate your commitment to them. William

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.