Discussion Forums  >  Capturing Images, Uploading Data

Replies: 4    Views: 205

vgwilliam
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 11, 2012
location unknow...
04/15/12 06:45 PM (12 years ago)

How to upload my own templates in certain screens

So for my app I am creating certain templates to put photos/text into and I have no idea how to upload them to buzz touch and put them into certain screens. If anyone has a detailed guide on how to do that I would be forever thankful. I'm still new to this app building process so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Fred@mySkylla com
Android Fan
Reg: Oct 03, 2011
location unknow...
04/15/12 07:24 PM (12 years ago)
Would this template be in HTML ? If so use an HTML screen. If not you’ll probably need to create a new type of screen with the appropriate Java class file and XML file. You might wish to review Source Code found in my blog, MySkylla’a Guide to Buzztouch: www.MySkylla.com Fred

vgwilliam
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 11, 2012
location unknow...
04/15/12 07:53 PM (12 years ago)
Thanks, I'll have to look more into HTML, otherwise would I be able to use Adobe Dreamweaver 5.5, iDesign 5.5 or something like that? I've always wanted to learn how to use those anyway. Thanks for the guide as well.

Fred@mySkylla com
Android Fan
Reg: Oct 03, 2011
location unknow...
04/15/12 08:51 PM (12 years ago)
Not sure what something like that means , that a mighty big door. Fred

naastie
Apple Fan
Reg: Feb 27, 2012
Latrobe, PA
04/16/12 07:35 AM (12 years ago)
Hey william What i do is the following: 1.When in the BT app i add a new plugin screen called "Custom HTML / Text" 2.Then click on Screens and Actions to open the window where all the screens are listed 3. select the "Custom HTML / Text" you just added to edit it. 4 At the top you will find the Wysiwig editor. 5. Click on the icon called tables 6. I make my settings for the table as follow: Rows 3 width 300 Cell heights will automatically expand as needed. as your content requires. don't worry about height settings. Columns 1 Cell padding 10 Border size 0 alignment CENTER hit ok. 7. now you have a table that gives you a lot of control. right click on the table and you can change the color for each cell in cell properties 8. By selecting the source button at top left on wysiwig, you can add images link via Html code. After loading the image link, go back into normal window and right click the image to make changes in the image properties. This way you can add images and text as you please. Thats just how I have been doing it. I am a rookie. So far it works great. Hope this can get you started There are other attributes below the Wysiwig editor that handles the page look and functions. Remember one thing. After you click save on any of the attributes you always want to click save on the "wysiwig editor" before you close the window. If not, you will find the surprise when you open the window again. Naas Ps. best is to prepare your images before you start in Photoshop. Save for web. I make my images that they don't exceed 160 pix wide if i want text to wrap around. otherwise they can be full width of your table, in this case 300 - 10 = 290. Cell padding has to be accounted for.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.